Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: OwnCloud - Carddav & Caldav

Hi,

I've read this thread an it encourages me to get my Z10 work together with owncloud. 

my problem is that I don't have my own server. My owncloud runs in a shared hosting environment. It seems that I can't use the solutions provided here.

Can someone give me a hint how to get the Z10 (10.1.0.2312) working with owncloud 5.0.8 in a shared hosting environment?

Thank a lot!

lrrm

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
New Developer
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Callmobile - T-Mobile

I managed to get both CardDav and CalDav working on my Q10. First using a recent 10.1.x release (do not remember which one) and now using the 10.2 leak.

I added the accound using my main e-mail address and for the server:

- CardDav: <my_server>/owncloud/apps/contacts/carddav.php

- CalDav: <my_server>/owncloud/apps/calendar/caldav.php

It did not patch my OwnCloud server (I have 5.0.9), so there might have been some fixes done by BlackBerry in the latest releases, which is good news Smiley Happy

For WebDav, I can successfully connect to my OwnCloud using PlayCloud. Even better would be an integration in the device File Manager (like with Box and DropBox), let's hope that it will be added in new releases!

Developer
My Device: Torch, PlayBook and Dev Alpha
My Carrier: SFR

I'll test again with 10.2.

But I don't think that BlackBerry has fixed all issues in the 10.1 release. 

Nicolas

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Telekom

Hi the 10.2 option sounds really interesting. I will try this too. Yesterday i published a HowTo to get Blackberry Z10 working with owncloud. With great help of other users. So if you want to take a look or share your experience, i would be very happy.

HowTo for CardDav

After using it for 2 days now i see that some things on caldav are not working (Apparently some entries get missing or are ignored by Blackberry while synching.)

And it seems really difficult to setup just a local contact. If i create a new contact, it will be always created with two links (local and cloud).

It would be helpful to have an option where i want to store it. Also maybe in which cloud (if i have more adressbooks). Same as it is on Android, iOS, MacOS

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Telekom

Just a question. Are you able to synchronize more than one addressbook? My Blackberry only synchronizes the first he finds in alphabatical order.

Developer

No. Only the first. The workaround is used several carddav accounts.

Nicolas

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

OK so I've tried to set this up using the base owncloud on the Z10 and while the contacts appear to work (once I stuck it behind a https: server) calendar items that are not full-day items show up on initial sync and then disappear.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?  I pulled the calendar in question off Outlook (as an ICS file) and also one off Google (same) and both did the same thing when loaded into Owncloud and then sync'ed against 10.2 on the Z10.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

Does anyone know if 10.2.1 bring anything new to the table? Have the issues with CardDav sync creating duplicate contacts been fixed?

I'm also hoping to see remember notes and tasks sync over caldav support to eventually land in BB10. Just syncing my calendar alone isn't terribly useful to me at the moment.

Developer

Unfortunately no news.

I have always the same issue about CardDAV support.

Nicolas

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: www.youfone.nl

[ Edited ]

I am using a Blackberry Z30, OS 10.2.1.2977.

Caldav is working out of the box with ownCloud 7.0.2 (stable): https://mydomain/remote.php/caldav/

For Carddav I used the suggestion of this forum https://mydomain/apps/contacts/carddav.php. It worked like a charm without duplicate contacts.

Many thanks for this simple solution, there are many solutions on the internet, but all are not so easy to implement and needs modification of the owncloud server.