Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB and a Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

PB OS 2.1 for the 4G LTE PlayBook?

OK, 2.1 came out for the Wifi models and we've already had an update for 2.1 come out. Does anybody have any idea when OS 2.1 for the LTE PlayBook is going to be released? It's been quite awhile now and still no sign of it. Is this what I paid the extra money for, to never get an update? Ya, ya, the carriers have to approve it. Well, just how freakin long does that take for the carriers to approve it. Just so you know, mine has been unlocked so it doesn't belong to any particular carrier and I did this so that I don't have to put up with any BLOATWARE from the carriers. So please, please, please..... can we please get the 2.1 update for the LTE PlayBook already.

Tired of waiting.

My favourite show: BB10, The Next Generation.
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: PB OS 2.1 for the 4G LTE PlayBook?

If you jailbreak your nice new playbook you can't really complain if it stops working as you might expect.

________
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB and a Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PB OS 2.1 for the 4G LTE PlayBook?

I think you are confusing the terms "jailbreak" and "unlocked" - they're not the same things. When a device is "unlocked" it means you can use the SIM card from another service provider in your device. As in I bought my PlayBook at Rogers, had it unlocked and now I use the Telus network for my 4G LTE connection.

About me complaining if it stops working - I have no idea what you are referring to.

My favourite show: BB10, The Next Generation.