Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: torch 9800 playbook64
My Carrier: att

PB was off for a three weeks now will not boot but showed fully charged once

So here we go. PB sat for a few weeks and tried to boot up and showed red batt. icon so I plugged it in overnight. A few days later went to boot it up and showed battery fully charged but OS was unresponsive. Connected to DM and went OS update. Now I get the: There was an error updating your software. The three finger salute for a hard reset and restart cycles it back to the update prompts and then the same results. Any ideas or does this go back to the factory?
Contributor

Re: PB was off for a three weeks now will not boot but showed fully charged once

[ Edited ]

All this expertise and no one can help?

Hello RIM?

Anyone...?

No OS update to fix this debacle of just shutting down a device? So we are being humanly programmed to have to use it daily so it will function?

I paid way too much to have a coffee table brick RIM.......

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: PB was off for a three weeks now will not boot but showed fully charged once

RIM don't live here, don't come here, there's just us chickens.

You need to ensure that it really is charged to at least 20%  - see all the posts about my pb will not charge and the myriad fixes.

The PB must be completely shut down (two buttons on button plus vol- for 30 sec), black screen, no lights.

Start DM

Plug in PB

Select update from the error options

Mac users may get different message

If that does not work please come back here or call your BB support number for your country

NB it is not easy to tell if the problem is bad charging, bad cable plug, bad dm version etc at a distance but BB will work to a chart IF you are still in support.

Well thanks for the heads up! Smiley Wink Now that I am not totally clueless.....

So far I've removed the old DM using Revo then downloaded fresh copy grom BB site.

It goes as far as setting up the language and teh English and Romania language is grayed out and the screen is unresponsive.

At thismoment I am in teh process of downloading the OS again will see what results are shortly and will keep board posted.

Thanks for kind reply.