Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMobile
Accepted Solution

PB wifi configuration disabled

I am new to the PB experience and was enjoying it until I wasn't! I received notice my passwords had been compromised so I changed them, including the one associated w/PB.

Now, it does not recognize the old one or the new. After that, it disabled my wifi configuration. There isn't another available! Next, it started asking for passwords. I am down to the last try, which I won't take.

In this mode, I cannot go beyond the password request.

Now I see there is no service center option! 

If I reset it, assuming that is an option, what will happen? Is there help for me?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PB wifi configuration disabled

If you enter the final password attempt, it should wipe your device of all personal data, contacts, preferences, etc., and start over fresh. You will be able to use the PlayBook again as if new.

In entering your passwords, make certain you remember any UPPERCASE letter or number you might have entered and make sure you do that correctly.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMobile

Thank you for such a fast response! Before I take the plunge, would a reset be safer? How do I reset? The 'should' part of the answer makes me nervous!!!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, a "reset" is the same as a wipe.

You can try a 'restart', press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds, the device will restart.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code