Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: telus

PC Desktop Software not connecting to Playbook

Latest Blackberry software is not connecting to Playbook.

• I am using a PC running Vista
  • Have uninstalled & install desktop software. 6.0.2.44 - No connection
  • Have tried connecting with playbook powered book and turned on - No connection
  • USB cable and port connects to 9530.
  • Playbook screen stated "Connected to Computer"
  • Have reviewed existing posts with no solution.

I require clear troubleshooting guide to resolve this problem.   How do I download the most recent Blackberry Desktop Device Manger driver for a Playbook?

Jack Janzen

BKS
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PC Desktop Software not connecting to Playbook

I hear ya, I have the same problem
Contributor
My Device: Torch (Bold9800), Playbook

I had the same problem with my work desktop PC.

My laptop wouldn't install the desktop software as I was running XP SP2 and it wanted SP3.

My home computer running Win7 64 bit was fine.

BKS
My Device: Bold 9000

I've been at this for weeks between laptop and desktop both running Win 7, actually starting to make progress tonight as I moved back to laptop and basically started over, first time I've been able to Sync Playbook, this time didn't connect Bold but going to try doing that now, hoping Canucks win.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Connect the playbook to your PC via the micro usb cable, rigt click on 'Computer', select properties, select Advanced system settings, select 'Hardware' and then 'Device Manager'

In device manager, click on the Action menu and select 'Scan for hardware changes' then open the Network adapter tree (click the + sign on the left) and right click on 'Research in motion network device' and uninstall.

Un-install the Blackberry desktop software and restart the PC then re-install the most recent desktop software.

Jerome
----
If a post was helpful, please click the kudos star button below it.
If a post solved the problem you raised in your thread, click on 'Accept as Solution'.
My Device: Playbook

I have been having the same problem for the past few weeks.  Phoned RIM support today, and the first thing they had me try was to turn off my WIFI.  Apparently the computer is trying to see the Playbook as a network device, and the WIFI connection may interfere with the communication to the computer.  Seems to work for me.