Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: torch/playbook 32
My Carrier: rogers

PC Won't recognize my playbook

Ok, so I have read a bunch of forums and can't seem to find an answer for this. Ever since the last OS update for my playbook, when ever I plug it into my computer with the usb cable, the playbook will not show up in the "my computer" folder.  From time to time it shows up in my network folder, but I cannot connect over wireless either.

I have a windows vista machine. I have tried using my blackberry cable instead of the playbook cable to connect - it makes the noise that says it's connected, and the playbook screen says im connected to my computer and I can transfer files, but like I said, when I go into my computer it's not listed as a drive, and when I go into the network folder it's sometimes listed, but when I try to open it I get an error. 

I am out of options, and kind of find it pointless to even have a playbook if I can't even put files on it. If anyone can help me out that would be awesome!

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: None

Re: PC Won't recognize my playbook

You downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager and are using it, right ?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums !

Here are some articles that will help you drill down the issues.

I've put two down foe WI-FI diagnostics.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB27204 "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device" when attempting to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook with the BlackBerry Desktop Software using Windows 7 x64

KB26904 "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device" when attempting to connect the BlackBerry PlayBook with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB26745 Unable to connect to BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Software

KB26096 Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking on the BlackBerry PlayBook

KB26522 BlackBerry PlayBook does not connect to 802.11n Wi-Fi network configured to allow TKIP

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

yes i unistalled it and re-installed it, and still nothing

New Contributor

Yeah, none of those seem to help. Issue still remains

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

You have to also update the Blackberry Desktop manager if you have an outdated version. Over the last 4 months, I believe there were two updates. These also included drivers.

If you want to look at the Playbook over your network using WiFi, you must go in to the setup area and set the file system for sharing. Make sure you set it back if you are going to use a public WiFi, or anyone using their network will be able to go in to your Playbook files.

With USB, the Playbook should appear as if it was another drive.

As for the USB cable, it is best to use the Blackberry original cable. Either the phone cable or the original Playbook cable will work, unless it has become defective. I had one cable go defective, because it fell on the floor and was accidently stepped on. I went to a Blackberry dealer and bought another one.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.