Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

PDF's won't open or get corrupted

I have downloaded 3 x PDF's, one works perfectly, one has some pages twisted (standing on their sides) and one won't open at all (this one is a larger file) they are all presentations...........any ideas for resolution??? I'm  not tecci!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: PDF's won't open or get corrupted

Do the PDFS look fine on the computer?

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks, yes, everything is fine on the laptop. They are PDF presentations (slides, like a powerpoint). The smallest one is fine and of the two larger files, the medium one was OK, but after viewing on the tablet it has twisted some of the slides 90 degrees when I return to look again, the larger file did originally open the first slide, but on returning all I get is the PDF logo. There is a question on the Blackberry Knowledge Page about a problem with PDF's which is a year old and no solution from Blackberry, just it has been passed to tech support for resolution, was hoping someone outside of the organisation may have resolved the issue, as it's a bit pointless having PDF available on the tablet but not working properly!!!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

I may not have a fix for this since the reader on the tablet is having trouble with certain pdf files.

All I can suggest is that you contact support and report the issue at this number:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Is there a link to the pdf files?  If so, I can try it on my playbook and see what happens.  If you do provide a link, can you tell me what page / slide the issue appears?  I do have Adobe pro and can poke around with the PDF to test.  Without knowing who created the pdfs, anything could be causing the issue.  I understand what you're saying though...if it works on a laptop, the native reader on the playbook should show the same thing.

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: CMCC

[ Edited ]

How about creating a PDF viewer manually to open and view PDF files? I hope it offers a convenient method to this problem. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

Mod Edit: Edited content to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

My Device: Curve 8520

Hi everyone

We have locked this topic as this topic has been dormant for quite some time.

If you have a similar issue or question please start a new topic.

Thank you for your participation

Steve_T                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png