Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PLAYBOOK 64gb and Android

nikmaster wrote

But they still need to be converted.

Not if they have already been converted and in AppWorld. And there are many which are.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

But they still need to be converted. And there are a lot of apps that do not work at all, or have limited functionality

Nikmaster, JS just put you straight again. read and learn. At least read all the posts in the thread you are responding about, which in at least two places specifically tells you about sideloading converted apps which canbe found in the link I gave.  Until you know more about the playbook please stop posting advice. Best thing is test everything yiu want to post before posting.  I have no BB phone so I woukd never post about Bridge, for example.

You are right about one thing, some apps are a waste of space, eg Skype for Playbook, but you find that out after sideloading.  Tbere are some superb sideloads like Google Latitude, London Times, Ebay, Amazon Kindle etc.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

So it doesn't have Skype(or at least a video app that will let you chat to a friend on another platform) or Netflix. It doesn't natively play android apps. In fact I would challenge any one to prove that an illogical statement.
It plays 1- playbook apps, 2- apps for playbook converted from android apps(only what bob decides you should use)
Updates are and always have been a nightmare. Save your time and spend the cash for an iPhone or get something else.

This is from a poster with a playbook for about a year now.
On a side note. I love the otterbox defender case I have for it and it's native 1080p micro hdmi output.

Good luck.