Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3

No problems at all till 1526 update.

Browser: Going back a page..get message Connection failed. Retry etc..always works on retry. Using Strong Signal.

Very randomly, Browser crashes,closes back to Desktop. Erratic cursor, controls on this Site.

Youtube: Can only play 1 clip on site, lucky if 2nd able to play. Whole Browser Screen freezes when touching next clip to play. Drag down from top frozen too, so cannot get new tab after initial freeze. Only solution is close whole Browser down.

Cam/Video/VideoChat: All knocked out by 1526 update. Multiple attempts at 3 button reset brings back Camera & Video, working perfectly. However after turning off Device, and on again next day, the same error.4003 picture & error.4003 video mssgs return. Same U/S Cam & Video. Got to hard reset to use either one......

This Site: Erratic PB Op. Whilst typing this on the PlayBook, noticed that frequently, when hitting the Back Key, the cursor would jump up to Subject Entry Bar, to delete a letter up there instead of down here. Predictive went crazy twice too. Never any problem with either one, normally. First time on site, so PlayBook probably got a mite shy....

1526: Seems to have made Browser flaky. Some parts slower, some faster. Cursor & Controls jumpy, erratic on this Site. Not always smooth. Has totally knocked out any media on PlayBook.

My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I have the 1526 update for some time now, and haven't had any of these problems (*) with it (some of them I tested, some of them I didn't). Maybe you should try reinstalling your Playbook. I have no idea if this will fix your problems, but it is worth giving a try, because the problems look rather frustrating.

(*) The problem with this site I have also had though, but I am actually blaming the site for this. Because I haven't had the same problems on other sites..

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The problem creating a new thread on this site with Playbook has been with us for several OS updates. It is not  just 1526. The forum is simply not compatible with Playbook OS 2.x

Re the other problems, I have not experienced any of them. My 1526 is no worse and no better than previous versions. Youtube is fine provided you avoid the Youtube app. Browser is no different. There are a lot of incompatible web pages, but there always have been. I have never been able to sell an item on ebay.co.uk for example from OS 1 to present time.

Webkit is not well supported by the web designers and when HTML5 gets really established it will probably not work well at all so lets hope BB10 gets in before too long.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Thanks for reply. All noted. Was accessing YouTube via built-in Bookmark. Will try directly from Google next time.

Cannot comment about Ebay, don't use it. But am aware that Ebay, at their end, is lax about updating its compatibility. Aware of some on Linux cannot post photos using Firefox/Ubuntu. Aware of one poor individual with Win, Mac & Linux machines cannot post pics using all three!! Maybe machine dependent. Dunno. Some Hardware can, some not.

Sorely miss PlayBook Camera. My only remaining query is whether one can 'roll-back' an update. Have searched but find no indication its possible - so guessing No.

Vaguely understand comments on threads. Thinking you're saying too many OS2 or 1526 threads on Forum.

Is it possible to clone a PlayBook, using something like Easus? As opposed to just a backup?.