Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb, blackberry z10
My Carrier: at&t

Re: PLAYBOOK ERrOR 3000

I have 4 devices syncing with the server (AOL).  Only the playbook deletes the server mail.  My understanding is that this is an issue unique with the playbook which I would term "poor design".  They have given no indication that they plan to fix.  Odd that the issue does not occer with all the other Blackberry devices, just the playbook.

As to deleting the account and re-adding, this has been done numerous times with no success.  This is starting to sound like the old tech support advice of re-boot the PC.

Me thinks these issues are inherent with the Playbook that one has to just live with until RIM decides to do something which unfortunately I don't think has their focus. 

Right now their issue is survival and after previewing the Blackberry 10 looks like they have fired the fatal shot.

Thanks for you trying. 

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The email deleting is by design. Your Playbook ONLY reflects the email on your server.

If you delete an email from your PlayBook, just where do you think it's deleting from?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

I would think it would delete (or give the option) only on the playbook. Like RIM does for all its other devices as well as Apple and Samsung tablets.

Pretty bold for a vendor to only give one option when the market gives options. Plus they decide to do so for only one device of theirs.
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

This error 30003 happens to me quite regularly. I have 2 IMAP accounts accessible on the PlayBook, both set to delete emails from the server when I delete them on the device. I access both from my PlayBook and my iPhone, however when deleting using the PlayBook (latest version o/s) the Messages application often crashes (euphemstically called an "Interruption"!). I have tried deleting the email account and recreating it, however I think it's a fundamental bug between the device thinking the email has been deleted and the point at which it synchs with the server. Note that I have no problem performing the same action on the iPhone.

Trusted Contributor

I fully agree that this is a software bug.  Seems developers these days have no concept of coding for error conditions and providing the ability to gracefully handle the error without crashing the process.

That said, in the scheme of things facing RIM I doubt this will ever get any attention.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Eastlink

My Playbook showed error 3000 so I went to restart and that was the end of it....I can not get any response from it at all....any suggestions....