Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

PLAYBOOK FROZE

Everything has been working good, still trying to figure out how to do the Video calling etc. - wish their was a reference book out there somewhere but now this afternoon, I set my playbook aside to do some work and ....

it has froze - i have it password protected, and so it is froze on the keyboard view, will not allow typing, will not allow movement at all.  Any suggestions?  Silly me, looking for a battery to take out (like I do with my Storm 2 when it needs an attitude adjustment) but there is not one.  How do you give it a kick?  How do you unlock it?  If anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

bbm friends/followers/community/support

Phyllis

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: PLAYBOOK FROZE

See other posting about playbook frozen and resolve.

Tip was to hold down the Power button for about 10 seconds - I did, maybe a little longer till my screen went black then it began to power back up.  Hurray

My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: verizon

you are my hero!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

My wife's has done this three times.  Each time I just plug it into the charger and let it sit for a couple of hours.  It boots up fine.  Every time the battery was at least 1/2 full when it froze.

BBEx 5.0.1 on SBS 2007 (Exchange) Playbook w/o Directory structure & Dropbox & RDP