Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: T mobile
Accepted Solution

PLAYBOOK WIFI ISSUES

My bb playbook worked fine at home in the UK, it was able to connect to wireless internet. I have since taken it with me to Hungary where I study, and it is unable to find any wireless networks, although I am aware that there are many, including my own network in the area. When I turn on wireless, it just says `Finding available networks` and this message stays the same throughout. And it does not change, or detect any networks! What can I do??/
Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PLAYBOOK WIFI ISSUES

Touch the battery icon > Restart.

after it starts up, try the WiFi connection again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thats the first thing I tried, Still the same outcome¬!

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh, ok. What else have you tried? Knowing everything will keep us from this "try this", "already done that" game.

I'd try resetting your router, also. Do you know how to do that?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yea sorry, I guess youre right.  

I tried restarting the playbook, and also resetting it by holding down the volume key and the on/off buton.  I have reset the router too and tried to connect again with no success.  I believe the problem may be from the playbook itself, as there are also other networks around, but it does not seem to be able to pick up any of them not only mine, it just keeps saying 'finding available networks'

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Your network in Hungary appears (sorry for the pun) Hidden. If you know all the exact details of the network, and you can get this from your computer wireless network settings, you can manually enter them in the PB. You will need the SSID, Security Type, Security Key etc. Go to your PlayBook and Tap the Settings Gear icon, tap will icon and select Connect Manually and enter the data. Check Automatically Obtain IP ADDRESS and check allow Inter Access Point Handover. Tap Save and Connect. Try this and report back.
New Contributor

But I have always been able to use my laptop with my wireless network, and a mobile phone (the network appears to both devices), or by 'hidden' do you mean it is only hidden from the playbook? Many thanks

Forums Veteran I

Yes, hidden from the PB.
New Contributor

Hi, I tried the procedure to connect manually, when I hit save for the first time after entering the details, it just went back to the wifi screen, and had not saved the network, i then entered the details again, and directly clicked connect without pressing save first.  It says

'attempt 1 of 3

connecting to network'

But it does not manage to get past this phase, and cannot connect to the network. The green loading circle just keeps spinning at this page.

Forums Veteran I

Try to locate the information regarding the line below:
Troubleshooting Wi-Fi and networking on the BlackBerry PlayBook

Article ID: KB26096
You can probably Google it. If you can't find it, I can paste the entire article. Sorry I don't have the actual link.