Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PLAYBOOK WIFI ISSUES

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26096
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: T mobile

Thanks, i read the article, but I could not really find anything in their that helped with this issue, it remains the same, and continues to be stuck on searching for networks when the wifi is turned on...

Can you find a local free WiFi hotspot, a cafe or McDonald's or somewhere else?

And test.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Have you changed the time on the PB since you returned to Hungary. I think the PB time must agree with the network time or things may not work.

Oh good suggestion, I've seen that as an issue another thread.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

hello, I am having the same problem,as able with my wife's 32 gB PB , she went overseas, used her cousins router in Nederlander, came back to the us, and now does not recognize our home network. It just spins and finds no available network. Every other device has no probleM. I will try your solutions to or row when I am feeling up for it. I do appreciate your help, we have 2 playbooks, mine works fine, we were video chatting last night before she flew home, now ,again, it does not recognize the home network. Also, oddly, in browser settings, under privacy, the history button is depressed.  Thanks again

great, let us know after you've tried those suggestions.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

thanks for your response. the issue is the same as the above poster. we have 2 playbooks, and again, my wife took hers to the netherlands where her friend entered a password to use their network, however, wifes wifi under settings shows no saved networks, back here in the US. a few observations

1- my working playbook under vpn profiles (for home network) shows "none selected", wifes pb shows "loading vpn" with no other option from the drop down menu.

2-wifes calender does not load

3-the date and time page under settings is blank, however on the home screen shows the correct date and time, she says she never changed the date and time to netherlands time, but left it CST.

4-when I go to "settings>security" in browser mode, the "clear history" button is depressed, all the others are valid.

5-going to saved videos, I get "media error 'the media service isnt available . please restart your tablet and try again"

6- i am getting error 4004 when trying to use the camera.

The wifes PB is neither able to save, nor connect to home network, when trying to save home network the  PB spins and says attempting to connect 1, and never goes beyond the at page. under wifi settings , spins and says "finding available networks", and doesn't go beyond that page.

My wifes PB is 32 GB, mine is 16 GB, she did not connect to any other network in netherlands other than her friends home network. I have followed every suggestion listed above other than trying to connect to a public network, which I will try later. I am wondering if I need to do a security wipe and start all over. I do have BB desktop manager on my laptop.

We have been quite happy with our PB's. She has the latest upgrade 1088.

One more thing, in settings under about, under network, it says "no interfaces found".

Any help you can extend is greatly appreciated.

Forums Veteran I

Try doing a reset on your wife's PlayBook. Hold down the power button only for 20 seconds and wait until it reboots. Maybe it just has a few glitches.
Forums Veteran I

I have travelled to various areas of North America since I purchased my PlayBook. It has always recognized my Wifi settings automatically wherever I went and when I return home it connects automatically without problems as it should. These settings should show up in your settings and should also allow you to edit all your saved settings. In your first posting you stated that the home wifi setting had vanished which leads me to believe along with all your other problems that the device needs a good reset.
A previous reset would involve holding down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot. RIM has changed some operating procedures and the reboot may also have changed.