Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB

PROBLEM with new BB PlayBook set-up...HELP!!!

Just got a 64GB PlayBook (my 1st tablet) and having problem getting started. My husband's (same tablet, arrived same day) has gotten connected and is working fine. Mine isn't registering the Wi-Fi hub automatically, I've been unable to connect with WPS (as I did with his) or manually. It just won't seem to connect to the hub. After failure, the diagnostics indicate OS, PIN, Platform Version...BUT Physical Address line is BLANK...could this be the problem? How do I correct it, if so? Can't get to any other screen except 'Connect to Wi-Fi' and 'Language'. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I really want to USE my PlayBook...it looks great for my needs, if I can just get it started!!! Thanks.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: PROBLEM with new BB PlayBook set-up...HELP!!!

It might be defective, so if it's new or still under warranty I'd suggest you have it replaced.

Better yet, return it and buy an iPad. BlackBerry has pretty much guaranteed that the Playbook is a dead product at this point.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB

Re: PROBLEM with new BB PlayBook set-up...HELP!!!

Thsnks for the suggestion, swotam, but an iPad is WAY out of my price range at the moment!...Think I'll just return this one and get a replacement. It will be more than sufficient for my needs, IF I can get it set up and running!!!