Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: ATT

Password change

I have two Playbooks, when setting up the second one for a friend I accidentally entered his Blackberry user ID as

****@gmali.com. instead of gmail. For some reason his password is no longer recognised as correct so I want to change it. When I answer the password reset question I am told that I have been sent an email but I never recieve one.

His default email is Yahoo but no reset mail arrives there so I assume it is going to the "@mali" account which of course is non existant. It also does not go to the Gmail account which is set up correctly. Only the Playbook user ID is misspelled.

I can't correct the user ID without entering a password which I also can't do. There must be some work around for this mess but I can't figure it out. I also don't understand how the Playbook allowed an erroneous email address as a User ID without some sort of warning.

Thanks for any help.

StnRck64

Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Password change

Have you gone to www.bbid and changed the email account to the correct account to which the password change will come?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I wasn't aware of that page but it's the same problem, the email for password reset goes to the User ID ****@gmali.com. I also set up a new ID to use on the same Playbook, not allowed.

Big time Catch 22!

Yep, then a totally new BBID for that device is in order.

Using a totally new email address, spelled correctly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I set up a totally new BBID but it is not aliowed since the device already has a BBID! Is it possible to restore it to factory  new condition and start over or will Black Berry think I have a stolen device and render my Playbook useless?

stnrck64 wrote:

I set up a totally new BBID but it is not aliowed since the device already has a BBID! Is it possible to restore it to factory  new condition and start over

Yes....  How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Okay. It's done. Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome!

Knowledge Base Updates