Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Passwords for POP email Accounts

Why is my PB constantly requiring that the passwords for my accounts be re-entred?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Passwords for POP email Accounts

I am having the same issue and have been for a while. I notice that if i just cancel the request, it will eventually log-in without requiring me to re-enter my password. I notice it most after changing networks or after a restart. if anyone can identify the cause or a way to prevent this from occurring it would be helpful.

Two days ago though i did have to put the passrod in for one of my IMAP accounts and it caused me to lose several emails on the other devices on which I get email. The PB retained the emails but they were moved to the junk folder. When I moved them to the Inbox it showed them as being forwarded to me from myself. I am not sure if it is the PB or the email provider.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I would try deleting the email accounts, do a reboot and then re-Enter the account details again and see if this clears the problem.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Tried that a couple of times. Even tried adding the email accts several hours apart to see if it was one or the other account that was the issue.

It is an annoyance more than anything else. Eventually it does not ask for the password, but the length of time until it stops asking varies.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

I just want to tell you I have the same problem. It was so annoying so I deleted my e-mail account. So I cannot use e-mail account. After receiving new OS 2.0 update I thought it had been corrected. I installed OS2.0 update hoping the e-mail problem was solved, but now I am having the bad wi-fi connections for video chat. I am afraid to say that people making the OS software are not doing good job.