Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Photos application, how to create additional albums?

There's "All pictures" and "Camera pictures", but I cannot find a way to create albums. it should be a standard feature to create and organize albums directly on the device without going through the Desktop Manager.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Photos application, how to create additional albums?

There is a FREE File Manager in appworld called 'AIR Browser' that you can use to organize your pictures. Create new folders in the camera or photos folder and move your pictures to it; these should show up as separate albums on the home screen.

The File Manager categories your files, keeps you folder structrue, copy/paste files, create, rename and delete folders.

Jerome
----
If a post was helpful, please click the kudos star button below it.
If a post solved the problem you raised in your thread, click on 'Accept as Solution'.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: movistar colombia

Sorry, we need a more capable app to manage pictures. Folders created in camera or photos folders aren't vievew in Pictures app, no option to move whole folders content with Air browser, this is a so simple app, my bold 9700 has a better file manager than this one! Please RIM, when shall we have robust apps for Playbook, many Ipad2 users are laughting at me!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

files and folders $1.99 US
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Air Browser, free.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

To be honest and this is personal preference I use files and folders over air browser, but there is nothing wrong with air browser.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: movistar colombia

Files and folders is a nice pics viewing app. It lacks some functionalities as pinch and zoom and image rotation, with those include it would be perfect!
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Question, is it possible with BB Z10 to move pictures in a diferent folder and to keep it in that different folder and that they don't show in original picture folder. I made many picturres, usde a "File Manager" to create a different folder inside of /File Menager/Photos. But my problem is when I delete them from original Picture folder, they are also deleted in the folder I created inside of File Manager. Any way around this and same for the Videos? I just dont want to have hundreds pictures always showing on the original place where they go.

thank you

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello z10_007,

can you explain what you mean by "original picture folder"? What is it and how do you access its content?

How do you move your pictures exactly?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: