Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Piercing blue strobe light every 30 seconds BlackBerry Bridge, can’t find option turn off

Piercing blue strobe light every 30 seconds BlackBerry Bridge, can’t find option turn off

Even when you turn the PlayBook off, it continues.  PlayBook 2.0 latest release, BlackBerry Bold 9780 latest release 6.0 Bundle 2115 (v6.0.0.480, Platform 6.5.0.153)

Can I update to Release 7 ?  Am I supposed to need this every 30 seconds piercing the night ?

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3 S/W 10.1.0.2006 Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Piercing blue strobe light every 30 seconds BlackBerry Bridge, can’t find option turn off

[ Edited ]

I guess I should just remove this stupid BlackBerry Bridge application in total.  I mean, like what does it really accomplish ?  I have an internet to the BlackBerry from my router.  I can load my e-mail and have on it.  So, all I get from BlackBerry Bridge is to (1) hover the BlackBerry over the PlayBook use it as a mouse and (2) I get a high intensity blue flashing light like I have a message, but no there is no message just a blue blinking light all day and all night to draw my attention to it for the sole purpose of ?

Actually, now that I deleted the BlackBerry Bridge, I still have the blue flashing stupid light.  No one ever bothered to tell me BlackBerry Bridge was not creating it.  I deleted it now.  Done with that.  I had also added BlackBerry Protect.  I deleted that too, when the blue blinking light wouldn't stop that kept me awake all night last night thinking I had a down customer or something.  Deleting BlackBerry Protect gets rid of blue flashing blinking forever light.

No.  I still have blue flashing light.

I am turning off Bluetooth next.

After that, I am throwing this whole mess in the garbarge.

Give Thumbs-Up if helps you, or say Solution Accepted, or say Like.