Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

PlAyBoOk TeXtInG WoRkEd but suddenly it displays only the message "text messages was disabled by IT policy"

prior to latest update, my tablet had the texting option. now, it shows only a "disabled " message. can i fix this with a security wipe or???

Forums Advisor II
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- SQC-100-4
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: PlAyBoOk TeXtInG WoRkEd but suddenly it displays only the message "text messages was disabled by IT policy"

This is your firewall, the setting is on high when it should be on normal, you can change this by going in options, and clicking firewall or security settings, then change it to normal.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Contributor

Re: PlAyBoOk TeXtInG WoRkEd but suddenly it displays only the message "text messages was disabled by IT policy"

I am not seeing options anywhere on my tablet? Settings on top right corner, but found nothing about firewalls...

Forums Advisor II

Sorry, I am not an expert on bb10, but there should be security options somewere, just play with the device a little and see if you can find it, I will do some research to see if I can help you.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Forums Advisor II

If your tablet is running os 10, go to settings/security/application permissions/sms text/allow all .

I hope this helps.

Contributor

Okay, under settings, security, application permissions I see only 5 options. Evernote, zinio,pressreader, NFB and facebook... Nothing about sms.....

Forums Advisor II

Try and downgrade your software useing blackberry desktop software until you find out what exactly happened, like i said, i dont have a playbook, if the tablet has a removable battery try removeing it before downgradeing software, also try restarting the device if you cant remove the battery.

Contributor

No removable battery. Will try another restart, but don't know how to downgrade software....

Forums Advisor II

In order to reload software you need to download and install blackberry desktop software from the official blackberry website, DO THIS FROM YOUR COMPUTER. Then get your data transfer cable and plug it to your tablet and your computer, then click update, scroll down to the next software avaliable that says downgrade. Then click update. DO NOT USE OR DISCONECT YOUR DEVICE FROM THE COMPUTER WHILE IT IS UPDATEING OR DOWNGRADING, THIS MAY RUIN YOUR TABLET IF YOU DISCONECT IT, but dont worry this wont happen as long as you leave it alone. Please note this may take up to three hours.

Contributor

Will try that, tablet ran better prior to update anyway...