Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

yes we are having problems trying to get our playbook turned on. We have tried to hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then there is a red blinking light and turns green blinks three times and nothing happens and we had even tried holding down the volume up and down buttons. If anyone has any other ideas please let us know. Thanks.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520, Pearl 8100
My Carrier: TSTT

Just press the power button twice more with 3 second intervals in between.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I went to Office Max and bought one of the BB PB charger stands instead of using the charger...the stand connects differently than the charger...One poster replied that after charging, hold down the power button and the two volume keys at the same time...after several tries, THIS did NOT work for me...One reply on this forum suggested letting it charge for 30 minutes then taking it off and holding the power button down for 10 seconds...and keep repeating this sequence until it finally boots up.  I tried that and it DID work.

After a while on the charger, it began very slowly flashing the light (the not green light)...I have trouble with color and can't really tell if it is green or just a light.

Mine was deader than a doornail.  I had this problem with my original PB and after several hours on the phone with support, they had me return it...and now the identical issue with the replacement.  I would see a red light followed by several green blinking lights.'

You can bet that every night it is going on its stand...I like it too much to go through this again.  I had an IPad first and it was ok, but I didn't like the fact that it does not support flash...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

With our first and second Playbook I had similar issues to get started. Once charged and working, everything was okay. We never let the battery go fully down. This is with any type of phone or tablet.

We have a fair number of Playbooks and Blackberry phones paired with them. So-far we've had zero defects or problems with any RIM products.

The Playbook is excellent for running live graphs and monitoring for financial and specialized industrial application services because it runs Flash. For an example, I can monitor live stock market prices, and live reports for varios types of industrial applications. Since I have this tablet I no longer lug around a laptop.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9330
My Carrier: CityFone

It just seems weird that the same thing seems to be happening to everyone. I bought mine and had it shipped around the 2011 Black Friday sale so it hasn't even been a full month that I've had it and now I'm getting the same problem with it not charging at all. Good thing I didn't buy any apps well, except for one 99cent maze game but this is all I've done with it so far:

-Used BB Bridge to view content off of my phone
-Played a tower defense game for at least 2hrs
-Once it got down to 15% battery power I decided to charge it. That went fine. But when I noticed the Internet Browser was all buggy (I tried to click on links and the keyboard would show up?!!).
-So I thought, with most technology, just turning it off completely and having it charge up should do the trick. HAHA must've been what my Playbook was thinking because as soon as I turned it off, the green charging light never appeared and that stupid red light turned on. I'm so returning it. It's too bad because now I'll have to somehow sell the cases off of craigslist because I got them a week before the PB arrived but whose gonna want them when everyone is buying an iPad?
Forums Advisor III

Why not get the PB serviced or exchanged under warranty? Its worth the effort.

We own a nuimber of PB and have zero problems.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: sprint

After my daughter used it for about 1 week, her playbook won't power up. I don't think that charger is making connection with the battery. Is there anyway to fix this? Is this repairable? Can I carge the Playbook wirelessly (without having to plug it in)? If there an extrenal battery charger I can purchase (without having to puy another Playbook)?

Any help would be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: virgin

Thank you so much!!!
Visitor
My Device: blackberry playbook 32gb
My Carrier: base

hi,

i think i have thîs problem to...

it have been 3 months that i'm stuck with a problem nobody , i tried the steps on this blog but i don't know..

am i doing something wrong or is this just another problem?

i charged the playbook after i hold the on button it didn't do anything

i tried then to hold the on button and the -+ buttons too

this turn the little red light on and then while charging the little green light starts to blink....

i tried to put it on my computer to do a software update on my device but after downloading it says that something has went wrong

next to current software it says: no software

no recent back up...

i tried everything but it doesnt seems to work, the screen stays blanc, it is black and sometimes the light in the background lights up but it stays a blanc screen...

i tried to fix it for hours and hours and i'm really desperate

i hope somebody can help me out on this...

Forums Advisor III

Did you call Playbook support?

If doing re-sets while on charge, and if the computer with the desktop manager software will not communicate with it, I would find out about sending it back for service or exchange.

I am sure something in the Playbook is defective, or there is some procedure that has been missed.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.