Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Go back and review my previous post and Spidey's.  Our recovery steps were similar and sucessful.

It's tempting, but I wouldn't 'bin' your Playbook yet.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Hi GraniteRoast,

I tried yours and Spidey's solution, but nothing happened.

The light doesn't even blink even once.

i will call the tech support

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

For those having dead battery problems, hang in there. There are various procedures depending on different circumstances. Find your circumstances and follow the correct procedure. Since most of you have totally dead batteries, here are some Knowledge Base articles regarding your problems. It will take some time for the battery to recover. Try to be patient, I know it's hard but overall the PlayBook is an excellent product. Here are some things you can Google. They are all BlackBerry KNOWLEDGE BASE. KB26808, KB27705 KB26516, KB26708 and KB26748. Good luck.
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

My problem has gone critical!!!!! I had red light coming on when I plugged PB into charger. Tried doing multiple combinations of reboot with power buton and volume buttons wih no success. Now I have absolutely no light when I plug PB in. I fear my battery is competely drained. Any suggestions?

Forums Veteran I

The red led is indicating that the PlayBook is booting up. If the battery does not have sufficient power, it sits and waits for the batteries to become sufficiently charged for the boot process to continue. If you start pressing buttons at this point, you are shutting it off again.
So now what you have to do is connect to the charger, hold down the power button only for not more than 20 seconds. This will force it to start ( but you may not be aware of it because the batteries are just about dead). Just leave is sit connected to the charger until the batteries are recharged. Read the Knowledge Base articles I listed above.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900; Playbook
My Carrier: Globe

Finally got to turn on my playbook after 5 nerve-racking days!  

Note: Battery of my playbook was dead; unlike other posts that the screen froze and just turned black, thus, you only need to reboot that one because of you press the + and - of the volume keys of that one, you should hear a click sound meaning it still works.

sharing what i did with mine:

While plugged with provided "fast-charging" charger with playbook I:

- tried re-booting it by pressing + and - keys of the volume for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED
- tried pressing the power button for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED

- tried pressing all buttons for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED

(all i got was a 5 sec red light then nothing)

Next:

- plugged to the laptop with latest desktop charger - FAILED

(not enough power; all i got was a 5 sec red light then followed by 5 green lights)

Next:

- stack charging, 2mins on,30secs off for 7 attempts - SORT OF FAILED
(on my 6th attempt; the red light from 5 secs was reduced to a red-light blink)

- long-haul charging (24 freakin hours) - SORT OF FAILED

(after the red-light blink, i suppose this did not help at all - but it might have)

Next:

- GAVE UP. LEFT MY PLAYBOOK ALONE FOR 2 DAYS THINKING ITS A PIECE OF JUNK

Next:

- After telling my girlfriend my playbook is scrap, i tried plugging it in, it did the 5 sec red-light then it suddenly charged.

Conclusion:

- try the stack charging method, charge for a long time, leave it for alone for 1 - 2 days then charge it again. IT MIGHT WORK FOR YOU JUST AS IT DID FOR ME. Sidenote: be careful of your usb connector socket, stack charging might damage it if your carelessly plug and unplugging it. 

HOPE ITS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 and 64 gig models
My Carrier: MTS

Six days of missery and maybe some hope...followed GraniteRoast and Spideys thread and now I finally have the 32 gig lite up...(by the way THANK YOU). not sure if it is charging, perhaps someone can confirm....it is on the rapid charger as I type this, the main screen is up and showing our normal screen, the battery is showing red with a squiggaly through it (assuming dead)......is it really charging or is there a next step other than patience....thanks again.......

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I have to admit... As much as I like the Playbook, its a difficult task device if the battery is allowed to run flat. I make sure I keep mine well charged up. If I see the battery going to below 20%, I do my best to make sure its put on to the charger. When not in use for at least a day or more, I leave it on the charger.

I've worked with other devices that are problematic when allowed to run the battery down flat.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 and 64 gig models
My Carrier: MTS

Agree with you jerryg50.....we had been keeping them charged but circumstances did not allow to have enough time to charge and it went into a suitcase in standby mode(we think) app 30 % for a couple of days till we got a chance to try to give it a proper charge and found it totally dead.....hoping this last attempt brings it back........

Forums Veteran I

I think that when you travel, you should turn off the wifi as well as bluetooth when you pack it away. Otherwise it will continually try to pick up signals thereby running down the battery.