06-25-2012 07:01 PM
06-25-2012 09:41 PM
My problem has gone critical!!!!! I had red light coming on when I plugged PB into charger. Tried doing multiple combinations of reboot with power buton and volume buttons wih no success. Now I have absolutely no light when I plug PB in. I fear my battery is competely drained. Any suggestions?
06-25-2012 10:57 PM
06-26-2012 03:33 AM
Finally got to turn on my playbook after 5 nerve-racking days!
Note: Battery of my playbook was dead; unlike other posts that the screen froze and just turned black, thus, you only need to reboot that one because of you press the + and - of the volume keys of that one, you should hear a click sound meaning it still works.
sharing what i did with mine:
While plugged with provided "fast-charging" charger with playbook I:
- tried re-booting it by pressing + and - keys of the volume for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED
- tried pressing the power button for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED
- tried pressing all buttons for 10 secs; 20 secs; 30 secs - FAILED
(all i got was a 5 sec red light then nothing)
- plugged to the laptop with latest desktop charger - FAILED
(not enough power; all i got was a 5 sec red light then followed by 5 green lights)
- stack charging, 2mins on,30secs off for 7 attempts - SORT OF FAILED
(on my 6th attempt; the red light from 5 secs was reduced to a red-light blink)
- long-haul charging (24 freakin hours) - SORT OF FAILED
(after the red-light blink, i suppose this did not help at all - but it might have)
- GAVE UP. LEFT MY PLAYBOOK ALONE FOR 2 DAYS THINKING ITS A PIECE OF JUNK
- After telling my girlfriend my playbook is scrap, i tried plugging it in, it did the 5 sec red-light then it suddenly charged.
- try the stack charging method, charge for a long time, leave it for alone for 1 - 2 days then charge it again. IT MIGHT WORK FOR YOU JUST AS IT DID FOR ME. Sidenote: be careful of your usb connector socket, stack charging might damage it if your carelessly plug and unplugging it.
HOPE ITS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS!
06-27-2012 09:16 PM
Six days of missery and maybe some hope...followed GraniteRoast and Spideys thread and now I finally have the 32 gig lite up...(by the way THANK YOU). not sure if it is charging, perhaps someone can confirm....it is on the rapid charger as I type this, the main screen is up and showing our normal screen, the battery is showing red with a squiggaly through it (assuming dead)......is it really charging or is there a next step other than patience....thanks again.......
06-27-2012 09:37 PM
I have to admit... As much as I like the Playbook, its a difficult task device if the battery is allowed to run flat. I make sure I keep mine well charged up. If I see the battery going to below 20%, I do my best to make sure its put on to the charger. When not in use for at least a day or more, I leave it on the charger.
I've worked with other devices that are problematic when allowed to run the battery down flat.
06-27-2012 09:55 PM
Agree with you jerryg50.....we had been keeping them charged but circumstances did not allow to have enough time to charge and it went into a suitcase in standby mode(we think) app 30 % for a couple of days till we got a chance to try to give it a proper charge and found it totally dead.....hoping this last attempt brings it back........
06-27-2012 10:00 PM