Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Who are you talking so disrespectfully to???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

He's merely posting what helped for him. There's no need for name calling and attitude toward others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9800
My Carrier: Telus

ari25 wrote:

My Playbook died about 15 days ago and is not charging it was on 2.0.1.668

I tried to debrick it via DM to 2.1.0.1032 but it didnot reboot at the end of the update and hence DM showed it has been disconnected

I have tried various types of stack charging and I have even left it to sit for 10 hrs on the wall charger but to no avail :No:.....

Here is what happens when I plug it to the wall charger now

- Red led for about 16-17 seconds

- After about 8 seconds empty battery symbol shows up on the screen for about 10 seconds

- it dissapears then the green led comes on and off immediately

- After about 1 and half minutes it tries to boot 

- The booting sequence goes on for about 3 minutes then it shuts down.... well sort of as I have observed tha the screen emits a very dim light after it has shut down

I have tried Hard resets, shut it down by holding the power button for 20 seconds and left to charge but nothing seems to help.

Is there any other solution besides taking my playbook to the service centre?? Please help

I got the PB for my son who has learning disabilities, it was supposed to help... I have been battling this exact same thing for four days now. My son needs this thing, and I couldn't afford to buy one in the first place, so I bought one off of someone... no warranty.   I have tried everything, and tech support isn't an option.

Guru II

Try calling RIM anyway. If it's less than a year old it's still probably covered. You don't need a receipt.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: 855 12 635 865

[ Edited ]

My tablet has the same problem, I followed instruction, but still don't work. I am now in Cambodia, so could you please tell me how to do? I bought from Radioshake in Sanfansisco. My friend will go to USA, colorado, should I send throught him? [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Thanks very much,

Mao

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Just a quick update: my BB was outside of warranty and I had that tell-tale wouldn't reboot or charge one morning. Despite the numerous techniques to problem-solve I was unable to find a resolution.The end result was that I took the advice to call into RIM and explain the problem.  They were nice enough to create a 90-day warranty so I could send it in for investigation.  6 days later I received a brand-new device... I'm still not sure what the root cause was or why I have a new device with no explanation about what happened to mine but just as well... this was very professional of them.

Great customer service! Thanks RIM.

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

ao did u go about it tell me?
Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

babs70 wrote:
ao did u go about it tell me?

Say again?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Maybe "ao" as in "ao now brown cow"

________
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Verizon

I just bought a brand new 64GB playbook at Office Depot.  But I've never seen it boot.  Only signs of life I receive are the red light for 17 seconds followed by the green/yellow light flashing 5 times.  I've charged it for 14 hours, and tried the "stacking" method described on the internet for about 40 minutes straight.  Still no improvement.  I've never seen anything on the display.  It's not giving me much of a comfort level on this device...

Any suggestions on how to revive it??

Thanks,

Andy