Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Use the forum... There are numerous posts here on dealing with this from stack charging to perhaps the simplest... Press and hold the power on button for about 20 to secs with PB plugged into charger until led illuminates to hen just leave it for good hour or so. There is NO design defect, just people in to much of a hurry to read what's out there....

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, there many happy users I've assisted who've had this same with their PlayBook now charging and working.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: China Unicom

Thanks, I am trying the 20 seconds tirck, hope it works.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The other solution is purchase the PlayBook magnetic rapid charger.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: China Unicom

[ Edited ]

SOLVED and THANKS.

Got a power supplier labled output 12V 1A, then, cut the output connector, wraped the output wire with some cover. Then, found the black wire is the negative. And the center touch point  in the magnetic socket of the playbook is positve, the other two points are negative.

Then, touch the magnetic socket of the playbook by the wrapped wire, black wire to the negative point, positive wire to the center point. The playbook showed the breath light smoothly.

After 10 minutes or above, tried charging the playbook by original USB charger. This time, the charger worked. And the playbook booted up after a while.  Of cause, the playbook run as brand new, I must set every configuration like just bought it.

So, the magetic socket works when the USB charger refuse working.

If you hestitate on buy a new magnetic  charger, this is an alternative.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've just had this problem and tried the suggested fixes. When I plug the PlayBook into my laptop, it turns on right away.

Once I remove it though, if I turn it off with the power button or using the touchscreen to turn it off, it won't turn back on.  I have to plug it back in to my laptop to get it to turn on.  It charges just fine, it just won't turn on.  Huge hassle, any fixes out there for this?  Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you might have a battery connection that needs to be re seated

some have taken the playbook back off and removed the battery connector and put it back in with good results

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Ok, well thank you, but that's not something I'm willing to do...maybe I can find someone who would do it for me and see what happens...

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: liberty

your battery is dead use the rapid charger for the blackberry playbook it is great it will get your tablet going it work for me

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

aidita wrote:

your battery is dead use the rapid charger for the blackberry playbook it is great it will get your tablet going it work for me

It has been mentioned in the past 900+ replies before i just know it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V