Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

jerryg50 wrote:
The PB requires a charger with a high enough amp rating. The phone charger that comes with the phone will have problems to properly charge the PB.

depending on the output of the charger, mine all work fine but it will take longer to charge than the OEM charger since they have a lot less charging current.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: Digicel

I do not plan on being a fanboy like many of you in this post. I intend to say what i have to say LOUDLY and "TO THE POINT". RIM IS LOSING CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS LIKE THESE. This seems to be a COMMON problem with all playbooks. If the battery drains, you have to become a techy before you get to use the device again. I am on the latest OS. 1.0.7 or whatever it is and the same thing happens so the OS update doesn't seem to correct the problem. After one whole week of trying every suggestion on the internet, I still have an unusable device and its difficult for me to send it back as I am in Jamaica and I had to discard the original package before going to the airport as they would charge me too much if they knew it was a new device. I am really disappointed in the device as RIM should have fixed or prevented these problems from ever reaching consumers. I think i wasted US $560 on the playbook but thankfully i also bought a Motorola Atrix 4G for US $299 which does so much more than the Playbook can do. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I am just a user that participates in this news group. Most like you got a defective one. They would service or exchange it for you since there is a warranty. I have a number of Blackberry products and have been very satisfied with them. I received great support when needed.
Jerry G.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

it is quire obvious that you have not done everything possible.   You early adopters of the Playbook from countries that purchased from other countries prior to your release take a risk,  

several solutions were given and they work

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Advisor III

I did not think of that! Good point! Many different countries use different electrical standards. A matched charger is a definite requirement!

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor

How is it quite obvious that I have not done everything possible? The only thing I have yet to do is to send it back. Also, if you read what I posted you will recognize that I did not buy it in Jamaica. I bought it in Marathon, Florida from Office Depot. Several solutions were given and they work? Please tell me what I am doing wrong then........ I only get the "two red led" flash notification. I tried turning it on while holding the volume buttons, tried updating it over Desktop Software 6 & 7, tried the rapid charger, tried pressing the power button repeatedly while it is powering on, what did i miss?

New Contributor

The standards are same as in the US. I can assure you of that.
Forums Advisor III

You should call Blackberry support. You may need to send it for warranty service.
Jerry G.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I tried turning it on while holding the volume buttons, tried updating it over Desktop Software 6 & 7, tried the rapid charger, tried pressing the power button repeatedly while it is powering on, what did i miss?"

pressing the power key repeatedly does not work, pressing the + - volume keys don't work, - several posts stated that you hold the power + and - key all at once for 20 seconds,
Next if the charger that came with the playbook doesn't fit your wall outlet then go to a local electroncs store and purchase an adapter for it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: not available

Hi everybody!
The answer to these battery or power issues is in my comments for July 27th and 29th, please check them!
If you have power issues, particularly when PB is fully discharged, you should do the following, in this order:
1- Do a hard reset, by pressing + and - buttons, and still pressing them press power button until it reboots. This cleans the cache memory of PB and solves most minor software issues.
If it doesn't work, then:
2- connect the original PB wall charger for at least 6 hours (may be much longer if using any other charger) and leave it untouched for the duration. When elapsed, then try to connect it and check for any response or reaction.
If no sucess, then:
3- plug wall charger for 2 minutes, unplug and repeat 5 to 6 times. This will provide several initial boosts of energy to PB cause initial charge provided by charger has more "juice" than the remaining time. Check for reaction.
If still no sucess, then:
4- if you have a smartphone, check if PB charger is working by plugging it to the smartphone, just to rule out a possible issue with the charger.
If charger is working fine, then:
5- call BB Tech Supp, work with them for any new solution or, if needed, for repair or exchange procedures.
Hope this helps!
Thanks!