Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

I Finally got RIM to send me a new Playbook to replace the faulty one that kept blinking red when connected to a USB or charger. The new playbook came last friday. Since then, ive had to reinstall the operating system about 5 times as it keeps crashing out. What happens is, after a while of using it, none of the apps will open and then eventually it crashes and reboots. Its now gone back to the stupid doube red flashing light which Im assuming means a corupt operating system.

Can aynone tell me if it makes a difference if I donwload the update using a faster internet connection. I've been downloading it using my sky broadband and its been taking me about 1 hour 30 mins to download. Is it possible that the download may be corrupt when its installed? Any suggestions please? I'm very close to sending it back again for a new one but just dont want to get into this cycle so a solution to this would be really helpful  PLEASE!!!!! Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

blackfox2012 wrote:

I Finally got RIM to send me a new Playbook to replace the faulty one that kept blinking red when connected to a USB or charger. The new playbook came last friday. Since then, ive had to reinstall the operating system about 5 times as it keeps crashing out. What happens is, after a while of using it, none of the apps will open and then eventually it crashes and reboots. Its now gone back to the stupid doube red flashing light which Im assuming means a corupt operating system.

Can aynone tell me if it makes a difference if I donwload the update using a faster internet connection. I've been downloading it using my sky broadband and its been taking me about 1 hour 30 mins to download. Is it possible that the download may be corrupt when its installed? Any suggestions please? I'm very close to sending it back again for a new one but just dont want to get into this cycle so a solution to this would be really helpful  PLEASE!!!!! Smiley Happy

anything is possible but i doubt it is corrupt

what are you using when it crashes?

could be one app that does it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

If you can install the OS using youir PC with the Desktop manager, I would assume the download and installation should be faster.

I would seriously get in touch with Playbook support to discuss this situation. It is not right that your tablet should be giving you so much trouble. 

We own a number of these tablets. They are used for a number of hours each day, and we have no such problems. Once in a long while a reset of an application may be required, or even more rarely a re-boot would be required. Overall their dependability has been extremely high.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book 16GB
My Carrier: none

Tried this wiith no results!

George

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Did you then call back to Play Book support?

The problems you are having are not of the norms...

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: 9670 Style
My Carrier: Sprint

The 2 red blinking lights and then a pause means your device does not have a os on it.The same thing happened to me and i could not connect with dm and when it did connect i got errored out.support was of some help but what ended up fixing this for me was deleting the dm and all its saved settings and then reinstalling it after a pc reboot.I was then able to connect and load a os on the  device.I was told by support that the two blinking red lights and then a pause and proccess repeats does mean that there is no os on the device...a pretty nasty brick if i do say so...sorry about the bad punctuation im in a hurryy,good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Play Book 16GB

Thanks......am going to call RIM in the  morning

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64 gig, bold 9900

Hi guys

I have the same problem with my playbook. 2 days after i bought it, it started giving me those 2 red flashes followed by a pause. I tried resseting it...didn't work, then i connected it to the DS ( version 6.0.1 or something). it gives me the option to update the device, but when i click on it it says that there are no updates available??

i don't have an idea what to do?

Contributor
My Device: 9670 Style
My Carrier: Sprint

First hold only the power button in for thirty seconds. You need the device to be off,you will know if its off from the absence of the blinking red light. Uninstall the desktop sdoftware and all the saved settings with it. Reboot the pc and reinstall the desktop software. With the playbook turned off connect it to the pc. Select update and if you followed the directions of uninstalling the dm and its settings ,than you should have success.
New Contributor
My Device: Play book
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Play book wont power up

I have tried all the pushing of buttons and holding down of arrows, pluged the Playbook into my mac, but can not get any responce from the Playbook.  It was working earlier and we down loaded photos from the Playbook to my Mac, no problem.  The Playbook is full charged. It no longer shows on my Mac desktop nor can I get any of the light s to come on.  Any Ideas How to get it to work Boot up?

One thing it was disconnected from my Mac by pulling the USB plug, with out ejecting from the finder.