Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

I did use the charger that come with the PB.

My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: telus

i have tried all of this and mine wont turn on the red light only flashes on for a couple of seconds. i am using the charger it came with.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I would contact RIM support for your area, and ask for support. Most likely you will have to send them the tablet for service. 

Jerry  G. 

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: SFR

Hi

I read your message but it makes me feeling bad as I have the same issue but no way to reboot..

I explain: my bb playbook was working well. I went out of battery and tried to charge without sucess, the red light was on, flashing green lights and that's all. and no, no more loghts at all, nothing!

I tried to reboot by pressing the button "charge" alone or with the volumes ones as I have seen on forums --> nothing.

If I connect it to my computer --> nothing

it is like dead but I bought it in Feb!! and I bought it in an airport so no way to send it back..

what can I do?

thanks a lot for your help

p.s: no idea of the OS version, I just know there was an update just after I bought it

Isabelle

Forums Advisor III

I would call Blackberry support. They may have a solution that is easy, or suggest to send it in for service.

What I did with one Playbook that was run down too far, was to keep pressing the red reset button for about 8 seconds about every 5 minutes. After about 20 attempts the Playbook took on the charge.

What happens is if the battery becomes too far run down, there is not enough power for the charging management to properly operate. The Playbook is not the only devices that is like this. I have had other types of computer type devices exhibit the same type of action.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

thanks, I will try to do it.

I do not htink I can call the support, I put my ID on the website and they said I can't have free support. If I understood well, th minimum fee is 49$ for support!

I will let you know if the 20 times works..

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

If you bought the Playbook less than one year ago, it is supposed to have a warranty. I believe they give a one year warranty. I don't know how long the free support runs for.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

When you call support, choose other and explain you have warranty issue and they will address it at no cost.

I just did it on mine and support worked with me and got my Playbook repaired.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I will try to call them to see what they can do, thanks. i will let you know
New Contributor

free support seems to be 90 days which is nothing, I will try for the warranty, thanks