Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

My question is, how do we get blackberry assisntance with this matter, I have tried a bunch of the `hey try this methods`and if it isnt working and it is only 6 months old how do i get it fixed by them
Forums Advisor II
My Device: PRIV Android 6.0 Beta, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10, PlayBook

vectorczar ha escrito:

Iceman,

2.0.1 Bundle 358 is the latest version.

czar

Did u solve the problem or still is dead?

BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0 Beta. /Passport/Z30/Q10/Z10/PlayBook, #BlackBerryFanOfTheMonth
(Not BB Employee)
Forums Advisor II
My Device: PRIV Android 6.0 Beta, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10, PlayBook

tugnutt ha escrito:
My question is, how do we get blackberry assisntance with this matter, I have tried a bunch of the `hey try this methods`and if it isnt working and it is only 6 months old how do i get it fixed by them

What OS version do u have?

BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0 Beta. /Passport/Z30/Q10/Z10/PlayBook, #BlackBerryFanOfTheMonth
(Not BB Employee)
New Contributor
My Device: playbook

[ Edited ]

Well, if you’ve tried everything else or nothing else, do try this since it has worked for me and a few others on this forum:

1. plug your playbook to the wall charger

2. press power+volumeUp+volumeDown for 15 seconds (probably you won’t see anything happen). Leave it plugged in for 30-40 minutes before going to step 3.

3. Then while still plugged press Power button for 20 seconds. Hopefully you’ll see some lights blinking followed by a battery charging symbol.. if you do.. congratulations! your playbook will boot up automatically in the next 30 minutes. Just leave it plugged in.

if this solution works for you please give it a thumb up or something stating it worked.. so others could try it too.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 gb

I am not sure, it is my wifes playbook and she doesnt know and it wont turn on so I cannot tell either

BMJ
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 16gb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

Regular Visitor
My Device: playbook 32gb

Same problem.  Red light, no light, green lights.  Intermittent screen, when live shows battery icon at 0%,  Tried on off, power -+, USB cable, different wall charger, 2 minutes on, 2 off many times.  Alas not working,  Irony is that I purchased the keyboard this morning and can't even try it out.  Any other ideas?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Leave it plugged in with the original charger for an hour. Come back and do a re-set using the red power button and the two volume control buttons at the same time. Hold the buttons in for about 6 to 8 seconds.

After about 30 minutes to an hour, hold in the red power button for about 6 seconds. After about the third or forth attempt, if there is no improvement call Blackberry support.

Unfortuneately, with this tablet, and some other devices out there, if the battery gets down too low, it is difficult to bring back up. The reason is because the battery management curicuits themselves require a minimal level of power to get themselves working.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook

i have many electronic equipment that requires charging... this playbook is the only one that won't charge when the battery has drained completely.  hopefully there is some fix that can be applied with a firmware upgrade and hoefully RIM would fix this issue asap.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I do agree with you about this. Especially consumer products should be forgiving. The fix would really be a hardware level thing. When the battery is too far down the charger managemant does not work. At an added cost it is possible to have an addition startup charger circuit to allow enough charge to the battery to operate thae main charger management.

I've worked with some industrial type products that have the same issue. This is one of the aspects that I don't like about the tablet. Once working, for my type of use the Playbook is excellent.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.