Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Mihaisasu wrote:
Thats sure, i'm not that stupid after all. I manage to put everything back without a scratch. I try to start the tablet without the contacts to be attached, but it's had the same behaviour. I put the contacts back including the 2 screws.

Great. No one thinks you're stupid, but since you don't state what you've done, gotta ask.

Since your adept at taking it apart, read this thread here:

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

JerrysPB1 wrote:

Hello I wanted to know if you can help me with my PlayBook

I got it yesterday (droped it once)....ok fine twicee! but it was still working fine it has its usually freezing every 3 or 4 minutes and I've been reading post on how to fix that and all it says is hardreset blablabla and honest none of thats working the hardresets just making it worse I really don't no what to do I have updated it for my computer and the freezing isn't the only problem the Playbook likes to restart when ever it feels like. What can i do please I need some help I kinda like playbook i dont wanna get my money back this has really irritated me cause it was a present that's not working correctly. If you can help me i'd apreciate that so much thank you! sorry for my moaining but im quite upset about this

Welll...

#1 Stop dropping it!

#2 I'd highly recommend a debrick process as outlined below...

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook32Gb & Bold9790
My Carrier: Orange

JSanders wrote:

Mihaisasu wrote:
Thats sure, i'm not that stupid after all. I manage to put everything back without a scratch. I try to start the tablet without the contacts to be attached, but it's had the same behaviour. I put the contacts back including the 2 screws.

Great. No one thinks you're stupid, but since you don't state what you've done, gotta ask.

Since your adept at taking it apart, read this thread here:

Thanks for the article, but I'm no expert in electronics. Do you think there is another way?

and by the way, after 48h of same behaviour, now its changed: all it does its a blinking green light, and every time I try to make it boot, it appear the not enough battery sign. I think I will just stab it with a screwdriver, right in the middle of no power sign. I regret from the bottom of my heart the 600EUR spend on it. 

[ Edited ]

Well, have fun with that.

Post pictures after the stabbing?

Yea, I do think there is another way. I think you should get hold of a another OEM PlayBook charger and try it.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook32Gb & Bold9790
My Carrier: Orange

This will be quite a challange, because I am the only sucker among my friends with this spectaculair device. I tryied with my bb phone charger....no result either, its the same behaviour, and in Bucharest an OEM charger its almost 80EUR, a little bit expansive for just a small test. The thing that makes me mad is the fact that there is no info about BB Romania on the internet, I have no way to use the warranty, not even a lousy e-mail address. I have used only BB in the last 6 years, I think its about to move forward, to some other brand, more "user friendly".....

OK, your BB phone charger most likely won't work, and shouldn't work... they are not high powered enough to charge the PlayBook.

Now, be honest... do you want to work on getting this PlayBook working, or are just content to complaining about it and how you'd like another device. Your choice. We'd like to help, but all the "noise" gets in the way of trying to help you.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Um Ok this was all happening before I even droped it but im being extra careful but right now it won't turn on i press power button and just red light flash twice and then stops then reflashes again and a full repeat but no load up of BlackBerry PlayBook but I will try your methods if I can get it on but i dont no how to restore it when i put the usb in nothing pops up about playbook just a divice manger am i suppose to look there?

Jerry, please use my directions above, starting with Step #3

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rodgers

Dont waste your time with the USB port to charge, it's a design issue you might have success once or twice but the USB port will die completely in the end.

Buy the Dock charger with the magnetic contact it does not use the USB then use bluetooth for everything else.

Lots of trolls working for RIM on this forum misleading users, the USB port is DOO 

zxenith wrote:

Dont waste your time with the USB port to charge, it's a design issue you might have success once or twice but the USB port will die completely in the end.

I have four PlayBooks, not a one has had a failed USB port yet. Yes, there are faults, but it's not a waste of time to try.

zxenith wrote:

Buy the Dock charger with the magnetic contact it does not use the USB

Good suggestion, highly recommended.

zxenith wrote:

Lots of trolls working for RIM on this forum misleading users

Name one of those, Einstein?

Speaking of trolls...

Knowledge Base Updates