Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

And there is no "Three button power on" solution any longer. Press & hold the power button only, for 20 seconds.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

This is not helpfull, if the PC doesnot recognize Playbook, which is just a brick!!!!!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

szachista_z wrote:

This is not helpfull, if the PC doesnot recognize Playbook, which is just a brick!!!!!!!

We try to be helpful.

If, as it seems from yior last post, you tried every suggestion on here, then your playbook is beyond user fixes.

Trash it or have it repaired. With the price of repairs against replacement I suggest you trash it

It happens to all complex devices from time to time. I would say one to two years for a Playbook is good going.

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Hi,I have a similar problem with my BP. It has worked flawlessly for 7 months. Yesterday, I saw a red light flashing and I couldn't booth the BP. There is a red light flashing 5 times in a repetitive fashion, once long followed by 4 shorter flashes and then approx 3 sec break. I have on it OS 2.0.1 bundle 358. The BB Desktop manager (v. 7.1.0.37) doesn't recognize the PB whatever I do. I can shut the red light off by pressing the power button for a few seconds but if I connect it to the charger or via USB to the computer the red light starts flashing again. It doesn't seem to charge at all. Can you provide any help with this? Thank you
ik

irenejk, there are several solutions which have worked for many others in thread.

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, with the charger STILL connected, press and hold the power button only, for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel

I have tried every suggestion I could find but my PB doesnt boot up.
I get 15s red light, 20s battery+lightening display, 5s yellow-green light and this sequence repeats for ever.
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

If you tried everything then PB is busted. Trash it.

Thanks.
Looking for a more intelligent advice.

Well, you have tried everything. You've stated that unequivocally.

Or have you?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I have tried charging for several days, plugging charger till red light is on - remove and then reconnect, opened PB but could not find a way to externally charge battery, loaded BB10 OS but PB doesn't show that it is charging, loaded older to 2.1.0.1526 versions but it shows no OS - two red light blinks....

With 2.1.0.1526, I get 15s red light, 20s battery+lightening display, 5s yellow-green light and this sequence repeats for ever.