Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

rxc1969 wrote:

seeking any help or solution

LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every few 3-5 hours, with the charger STILL connected, press and hold the power button only, for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

If after a couple of day, there's no reaction, get a rapid charger.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: None

My playbook is also dead.. The problem is that I don't even get the red light to flash.. I did made my own research and found loads of solutions in which none actually worked... Like leaving the playbook charging for 24 and more... I've used both the charger that came with the box and the rapid charger... Even at the same time, but nothing. So all I want to know is if you guys know the blackberry support number for the UK, because I think the only option is to send it to them, because I won't open the playbook to access the battery.

adrieanme wrote:

the blackberry support number for the UK, because I think the only option is to send it to them, because I won't open the playbook to access the battery.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/RIM-Worldwide-Support-Phone-Numbers/m-p/1...

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: None

A possible alternative solution?

I had an issue with my playbook not powering up and i realized it was an issue with my charger port. Over time my port got "loose" and wouldn't fit as snug into the playbook as it did when it was brand new. So it wasnt delivering electricity properly. Try to push the port in or wiggle it around until u see the red light and leave it in for a while. Play around a little, and it might help. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

That's why we HIGHLY recommend all Playbook owners purchase a magnetic rapid charger mentioned several times in this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: MTN

My PlayBook wont power up or light just blinks after some month of usage.

The shop I bought the Playbook requested to return my faulty PB for a repair trial prior refunding the purchase value.

After 3 months of waiting without any positive answer I simply bought another PB out of the same shop for $250only.

The 2nd PB functions excellently. Charging with ANY charger is ZERO issue.

Now I can even use the USB port of the laptop to charge the PB, knowing it is slow but works.

A standard BB phone charger is alright and of course the PB charger with Yellow plug is the fastest.

Summary:

My 1st PB had definately a fault and the 2nd is working fine, except the hay wire touch keyboard behaviour which ALL PBs are showing while plugged in - I know now and simply unplug it on issue.

BTW: Last week I contacted the shop after 11mths again and they were so kind and refunded me the original purchase price of $300 without waiting for any more repair trial results from the repair center - I am happy after all the frustration I went through and saved $50 on the same PB 64GB ;-). 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Playbook

why is that my playbook still do not open even if i pressed the power button for 20 seconds?

after i pressed the power button for 20 seconds, the red blinks stopped.

do i have to charge it for 24-hours?

i hope you can help me

ChristineAngela yes you should keep charging and with the changer still connected, press & Hold the power button for 20 seconds.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: 7094432492

I've tried all that you suggested re blackberry playbook but it still won't boot.

What else do you suggest???

Thanks, Barb

Barb, which have you tried... because there are several suggestions, I don't know which is "all".

Thanks,

Knowledge Base Updates