Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: EE

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

[ Edited ]

my playbook wouldn't charge with a charger so i bought a rapid charging stand when i pluged it in the red light flashed then the charging logo came on it then went black then the green light came on then that went off then it said "blackberry playbook" and colours started showing up behide the words it did this for a few minutes then went black then nothing happend i pressed the on button then it started the process over again......someone please help!!!!

My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you leave it on teh charger for a day?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nil

My playbook will not complete a boot up.  I have followed all the powering tips and the red light comes on as normal, then a green light and the the standard changing color bubbles as it loads.  It does this for about 3 minutes and then powers off.  If I power on, it will show the red light and then it sits at the black screen, but the PB is on as the screen edge is lit.  I have done the stack powering, charged for 24 hours solid, held down power button for 20 seconds, also the older holding all 3 buttons and power button and still nothing.  It was working fine until I rebooted it one day when the device had been on charge all night and still reported the same % available as when it started (it was working fine and charging fine until then).

I have also tried to complete an OS repair/upgrade via PC and after the restart the system never powers on properly and if I do power it on, it times out on the PC application. 

I know the charger is OK as my other PB gets charged via it.  I also use the supplied USB cable to do the repair.

Any help would be great as BB support has been extremely difficult and also not very helpful

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Check Amazon.com for the magnetic rapid charger mentioned in thread.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_to...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nil

Thanks for the reply. I am 99% sure that the battery is charged as the led glow will last for ages - it has been on all night like this when I just kept on incase it needed a while to get its act together. 

I will look into the other charger though. 

Is there a way to wipe the image and then reload a full image without using the BB PC software?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It's been posted in this thread previously:

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64
My Carrier: Virgin

My PB will not complete a restart.  I have attemtped the 'debrick' procedure 6 times. It all appears to work but the the PB is no better afterwards.  I have spent a couple of weeks on and off trying to find a solution with no luck. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I suggest contacting BlackBerry support if it's less than a year old.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64
My Carrier: Virgin

Its out of warranty.  I bought it second hand and it worked fine until I did an update to OS.