Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Play book wont power up or light just blinks

Exactly what you need to do. They cost ~$15USD on amazon. Good luck.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Thank you all for your response and help possible. 

But there are teams that already spend or lose the warranty. 

Therefore it is not recommend to my acquaintances or friends.

Best regards to all.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Ok just wondering why the hell would it not charge without the soft wear update. My blackberry is totally dead so I can't do a god **bleep** thing

Jasonprasad wrote:
Ok just wondering why the hell would it not charge without the soft wear update.

"Software" that is.

You said your Playbook has a broken USB port. That's got nothing to do with software.

Take the advice given above.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64
My Carrier: Virgin

Tarlas10 wrote "The problem in my case is not with the battery but with either the power button or with the operating system.  Does anyone agree with me on this?"

I agree that there can be problems other than battery charging.  When you get more than one problem simultaneously it can be very difficult to diagnose.  My own PB has been useless now for about 6 weeks, ever since I did an OS update.  I won't list all the issues but I finally managed to get it fully charged.  I am now stuck with a PB that spends about 13 minutes booting with the coloured balloons then just switches off as though there is some missing software/firmware.  It accepts an OS update via Desktop or the BB web page with no error messages but still refuses to fully boot.

I'll probably list it on ebay as faulty and try to get a few pounds back.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64 GB
My Carrier: NA

So it has been 2 weeks with the Playbook plugged in continuously, and no problems charging. Stayed at 100% with no problem, and charge icon stayed on the whole time. I would place the playbook on standby at the end of each day.
Today I took the playbook with me so I had to unplug it. After the day the battery was down to 88%. I plugged it in. No charging icon (you know, the little lightening bolt). Husband and son both thought a problem with the charger or the port, but was not the case after lots of fiddling and testing.
So I held my breath and pressed the 'restart' button. Sure enough, after a reboot, the problem was solved and now the battery is charging nicely.
This sounds like a software issue; the playbook doesn't recognize the trigger to start charging.
Still not planning on shutting it off EVER, but I thought that would solve the whole problem but apparently not.
Til the next time......
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

My playbook is not starting. There is a red light flashing 5 times in a repetitive fashion, once long followed by 4 shorter flashes. I tried both the original charger that came with it and the rapid magnetic for a few days but nothing help. When connected to the computer, he desktop software does not see the Playbook. The 1 year warranty expired last October. Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?

New Contributor
My Carrier: notofyourbusiness

I also having the same problem on business trip. Almost lost a 12mil contract. Save by laptop and dropbox. Now using the popular tablet so far so good Smiley Happy

Crapbook wrote:
I also having the same problem on business trip. Almost lost a 12mil contract. Save by laptop and dropbox. Now using the popular tablet so far so good Smiley Happy

If you'll scroll through this thread, you'll find many Playbooks which have been saved, revived and in use again.

What have you tried... many solutions in this thread, different ones work.

Scroll up and read... if you have specific questions about a process, please ask.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: notofyourbusiness

Yes, this is the question. How to turn on the Blackeberry PlayBook???????