Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

PlayBook 2.0: Can't Sync Media through Desktop Software

After completing the PlayBook 2.0 update, I had thought that I would be able to Sync my media (itunes music) via the Desktop Software like I am able to do with my BlackBerry Torch 9850; however, I keep receiving an Error Message.  I have downloaded new versions of the Desktop Software but there is no change and still get the error.

I wish I could Sync my media to the PlayBook and/or sync my media from my Torch to my PlayBook.

Why does this have to be so complicated??

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PlayBook 2.0: Can't Sync Media through Desktop Software

What error are you getting??

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I am having the same problem. After upgrading my Playbook my computer cannot "see" it at all. The Playbook knows it is connected to the computer, but not the other way. Then it goes into a "troubleshooting" mode which never helps. I've tried it with the Mac AND a Windows machine. Both have the same problem. Seems like yet another RIM screwup. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

You should be able to synch the media files without problems. Go into My Computer on your laptop, click on Tools at the top. Select Map my Network. Select Drive "P" for Playbook. You should be able to see The PlayBook as well as all your laptop files. If it does not see them go into the gear settings on the PB, Tap Storage and Sharing, Tap Connect to windows and make sure File Sharing is ON. The only way to get it to the playlist is via DM as far as I know. Maybe if you get this far, tap your battery indicator, tap restart and then try connecting via DM. Make sure your Wifi connection switch is turned off. Try synching your media again. Let me know if it works out.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, Bold 9700 and curve 8520
My Carrier: Bmobile

If you haven't gotten the issue fixed here's something you can try.

On your PC open control panel look for administrative tools and open that, from within administration tools look for services double click to open it and scroll through until you find TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper select it and on the left hand side of the console select start if the process wasn't running it will start running.

Now Open your playbook settings and make sure file sharing is enabled, connect your playbook to Desktop Manager and walla. You should be able to transfer files via usb or wifi.

Bigaone22
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. It didn't have the answer but it got me looking in the right direction. Turns out the issue was my VPN from work because it wasn't "seeing" the Playbook as a network device. Two things happened since it last worked: I got the 2.0 OS upgrade from RIM and our work upgraded the VPN (I think). I thought the problem was the OS upgrade, but apparently not. Anyway, turning VPN off gets me to the Playbook which is not great, but ok because I only need to back it up weekly. I appreciate your response and now I know more about the settings. I was about to return the PB and get the Galaxy 7", but I really do like the PB and believe I'll be happy now!

Ted.

New Contributor
My Device: 8530, Playbook
My Carrier: boost

or you can try turning your WIFI off on the Playbook. i ha the same problem and it was resolved by just turning the WIFI off. i asked this uestion a few days ago read it here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Playbook-not-connecting-through-USB-HELP/...

New Contributor

Thanks, that is a good idea as well. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Fido

I was having the same issue, but after doing a research I found an official solution from Blackberry:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB29216&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

I hope this helps.

Fabiano

My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: o2

hello thanks for the link, did everything blackberry said and still unable to sync media. using windows 7 had no problems with XP?

dAVE