05-26-2011 11:47 AM
In case no one's mentioned it, Yahoo Mail Beta (which reportedly will be the only version available soon) will not allow me to get in on my PlayBook. It complains that the Browser is incompatable and insists that I change to a "Standard" Browser - Firefox, IE, or Safari.
05-26-2011 10:44 PM
What I'd like to know is, at least for these sites/applications, is the issue the browser rendering them incompatibly or is it the website code? Should we be talking to RIM or these website developers? I didn't notice a response from a RIM rep, yet I see this was stuck to the top. Do we know if anyone is currently looking into this?
These websites are also web-apps that I rely heavily on. While there are those of us attempting to get them to create their own version of the application specifically for the Playbook, I was expecting these to work without issue.
- application comes up fine
- column scrolling is lagging
- moving columns left or right leaves ghost images
- switching tabs takes forever
- virtually impossible to scroll horiztontal
- Same as Hootsuite
- Scrolling is extremely unresponsive
- Part of the toolbar is cut off on the far right side
- The pop-out note doesn't work
- Virtually impossible to drag notes between tags
- Typing and editing a note is a nightmare.
- Scrolling mindmaps lags
- Virtually impossible to move mind nodes or edit existing ones
05-28-2011 01:56 PM
google mail full web interface
(go to https://mail.google.com/ , log in, wait for the HTML5 interface to load, then scroll down the emails list and click on the link "full website").
page loads, links work, but messages list cannot be scrolled.
05-28-2011 06:02 PM
The PogoPlug video is supposed to be streaming video via their web interface through Flash.
When I attempt to watch/stream a video, the browser completely crashes.
It doesn't just refuse to open or play, the browser stops working and closes itself.
Would be happy to provide logs if instructions are given.
05-30-2011 10:12 PM