Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: PlayBook Browser incompatible website list

OS version 1.0.7.3312  I only have one browser.  It sounds like some of you have two.  I don't have a phone so am not using "bridge"

Members only portion of the Skate Canada website

http://members.skatecanada.ca/memberreg/mainmenu.cfm?CFID=956670&CFTOKEN=76715218

document links aren't visible so I can't access any of the documents there.

Also, just the other day my gmail app started malfunctioning.  At first it wouldn't work in standard; now it won't load in basic HTML either.  Using my one browser I can access my gmail, but only in basic HTML.

Today someone sent me an email with a word doc attached.  Hard as I tried I couldn't get it to allow me to save the document.  Save the link was one of the options but that didn't help me access the document.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

what did you do after downloading the DOC file?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Cogeco

I found that the problem with my gmail app is that I needed to clear the cache, history, etc.  Now that I can access the mail in mobile I was able to save the doc.  When I was accessing the email in basic HTML mode I was only given the option to save the link.  If using that option saved anything I couldn't find it.  I looked in downloads and in the docs to go app.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PlayBook Browser incompatable website list

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

I use a Blackboard/Vista site for online learning at UBC. The site worked fine until September. Now the touch registration/calibration is off (I'm not sure exactly what it is called). Essentially what happens is that when I "click" a button/link on the webpage, it a actually triggers a button that is higher ip in the page. This happens on discussion forums within Blackboard, for example.

Unfortunately I doubt many people can actually access the pages I'm talking about because you need to login. Blackboard itself is a large company though, and many institutions use their software.
www.vista.ubc.ca

edit: the website above eventually goes to the blackboard/vista interface which uses frames. I'm guessing that the Playbook has problems because of the frames.  It worked withe OS prior to 1.07x though.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 1930 3G and Playbook
My Carrier: o2

I'm unable to open Halifax online banking, whichever browser I use ( https://www.halifax-online.co.uk/personal/logon/login.jsp ). I am able to enter details in the first login page, but after that I get an error message ("there has been an error"...no other details). Really frustrating as I need to access on my tablet.

My Device: Playbook and Bold 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

On my playbook, I can access the following website -http://www.dzone.com/links/index.html- but when I click on any of the items in the "Popular Link" section of that site, nothing happens.  It works fine on my BB Bold 9900 smartphone - the problem is only seen on the playbook browser.

I also noticed that the Playbook doesn't play nicely with Outlook Web Access - meaning, once I've logged into OWA and click on my Inbox folder, I'm automatically logged out.  I don't know if any of you guys have a similar issue with the playbook browser?

Jr.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I have no issue with my version of Outlook Web Access (2010) and my PlayBook browser.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Hockey Canada site does render well and usually fails to load when selecting some of links.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Works on the Bold 9900, works with the Playbook browser through WIFI.It's broken through on the playbook browser throught the blackberry brigde.

I can go to http://dearwendy.com fine

If I click on any of the "click to continue" links or the "comments' link on the main page I will be directed to the wrong story or I will get a 404 error page from the server. Like I said, it works fine through WIFI

So it's not an issue with the browser not rendering right. It's a matter of the URLs getting mangled by the bridge on the way out to the server.