Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: virgin

PlayBook Charging Issue

[ Edited ]

Struggling to charge blaybook with any blackberry phone charger. Haven't got original charger. When I press power button  red light comes on then green light flashes 5 times nothing eles happens. Also tried USB lead. HELP.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: PlayBook Charging Issue

[ Edited ]

Its sounds like you have officially killed the device.... U really need to use the original charger as it output power are reallydifferent

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: virgin

[ Edited ]

Bought off friend last week because her son wanted iPad not playbook . She didnt haves charger but said She had been using blackberry mobil charger. Do you think its worth me buying a playhook charger or is it completly dead. Thanks for your reply. Dx

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Phone charger will not output 1.8 amps. Get a rapid charger. $19 or £19 from Amazon. Superb.

Sarah.
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810
My Carrier: Singtel

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The phone charger cannot properly charge the Playbook!!!

The phone charger is rated to 700 ma maximum charge current. The Playbook requires a minimum of about 1200 ma to charge its battery. You will require the proper Playbook charger.

This topic has come up numerous times in various usenet groups when discussing charging problems with tablets in general.

If you go to Crackberry.com it is possible to purchase the proper charger. Search for Playbook charger. There are two types for the Playbook. The regular one and the quick charger.

Jerry G.