Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Storm 2
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

Thanks.  Plugging it into the outlet seemed to do the trick.  I was concerned about disconnecting from computer in the middle of the update, being as it warned me that doing so might make it unusable. 

Will keep all of these tips in mind for future updates.

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I Developed an Android software to get the Battery Level of playbook.After that i converted it to make compatible with Playbook.The software was working Perfectly ultil this version.In the version 2.0.1.358,no battery change events are dispatched to the Android based Playbook software.

Hence the software is not working at all.Can this be fixed in the upcoming versions?

My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: crackberry

BlackBerry manufacturer, Research in Motion (RIM) to stop the production of 16GB Blackberry Playbook tablet computer. A tablet computer that was released last year since its emergence considered by analysts as a failure.

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bad notice for my playbook ... try to update the new firmware ver 2.0.0.358 with a Desktop Manager 7.0 (Beta) not from PB but on PC ... after the reboot i can't use Wifi ... the new firmware dont see the MAC address Smiley Sad
I try a system wipe but same problem ... also with the new beta firmare ...

any ideas ??? 

Wizardxp
Matteo Vismara
Contributor
My Device: Rocking a 32 GB Playbook with OS 2.0
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey wizardsxp, 

Try to download the proper Desktop Manager. Then try to do another install. 

I found that this was actually a full wipe and not an update. I had to reset up everything including my email, contacts and apps. 

The flaw was that there was no notice to backup before doing the download.

I think the steps for doing a successful update needs to be posted at the beginning and end of this thread. I saw many of the same issues during the OS 2.0 update. 

Good luck sorry I wasn't much help. 

D

Contributor

JS,

Indulge me. This may save some grief, and this update did a complete wipe on me ( cause I didn't follow my steps ). Had to reinstall apps and reset up email, contacts etc.. It was like it was brand new again minus the finger prints. 

Steps to do prior to updating Playbook. 

1. Power off and Charge it.

2. While charging it download and install current version of desktop manager. 

3. Plug it into your laptop and Back it up with current version of desktop manager

4. Now update PB. Keep an eye on it. It will reboot. 

5. If it does a full wipe restore your PB from your most recent backup. 

6. verify it's all good and enjoy or report any issues and your fellow PB community will try and help.

D

Contributor

Chuckles,

I'm definitely Johnny come lately to the party. I just got updated. Did a full wipe on me. urgh but I didn't follow my 6 steps. Lesson learned.

Anyway, I was working on another WiFi related issue ( wireless streaming to my TV ) and was advised to realign my router to use a different channel. I did a search on my laptop for all local WiFi connections and noticed my neighbours all followed the same advice dispenced at the local electronics store which is switch to either channel 1 or 11 for better reception because routers ship with channel 6 on by default. Guess what,  no one was on channel 6. I choose Channel 5 as it seemed to be right in the middle away from all my neighbours. And low and behold my wireless bridge started performing a little snappier. 

Just a thought. 

D

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Hi all just want to say im a bit dissapointed with the Playbook and the new update as there is still no USB OTG, all i would like to be able to do is connect my camera or card reader to the Playbook? Not much to ask is it RIM?

Ah the good old iPad
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Turkcell

Hi everyone..

I just bought a new playbook and updated it immediately to OS 2.0.1.358

But i would like to ask you some questions. 

I did some researches and found many websites about using android apps ons PB.

But they all said it is only possible on OS 2.0.0. 

What can i do to use android apps? Can u guy send me some links about this, like some tutorials?

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

You can't use Android apps before converting them to bar files used by the Playbook.  Many have already been converted and are available on App World. Also, go to PlayBook Daily website and search for bar files. There is lots information you might find interesting. 

Cheers