Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: PlayBook OS v2.0.1.358 now available

Download of the new OS and install all worked fine. I do wish RIM would attach an Adobe 'read-me'  file as a description of changes.

I do wonder why do some folks have so much problem with this machine?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

cw2 wrote:
This is the LAST blackberry product I buy. It completely wipes everytime you upgrade, and I have to completely redo every setting and redownload all my information. Now I can't even get the thing to connect to the desktop manager. It just freezes up my computer. Why is this thing such a pain? when it works, it is fine, when it doesn't work, it makes me want to grow hair to pull out.

CW - Not sure how your PB is set-up or the difference in it. Most of my settings were retained. All of my native applications remained stable through the process. A couple of websites needed to have the id information reloaded, but that happens on my desktop or laptop when I have done certain upgrades. There were some changes in this release to the browser and it may have affected some of your stored information.

There appears to be something else going on with your machine which needs attention. Whatyou are experiencing is not the norm. I do not have any immediate suggestions but someone else in the forum might.

Hang in there...you are right when the PB works it is a sweet machine... we need to see if we can help you have yours to properly work the way it is designed.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

cw2 wrote:
This is the LAST blackberry product I buy. It completely wipes everytime you upgrade, and I have to completely redo every setting and redownload all my information. Now I can't even get the thing to connect to the desktop manager. It just freezes up my computer. Why is this thing such a pain? when it works, it is fine, when it doesn't work, it makes me want to grow hair to pull out.

Hhhmmmm, not normal. It would help to know a few things:

1. Where you running an OS version older than 2.0 prior to updating to 2.0.1?
  2. If running an older version, which one and did you use dingleberry on it?
  3. Did you have any apps side loaded? If so, which ones?
  4. Did you do a security wipe prior to updating to 2.0.1?
  5. What version of the desktop software are you running?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: fido

I was able to install no problem but I am unable to access my playbook on my PC.

The Playbook presents me with the following message:

PlayBook is trying to install the required  drivers on your computer. If installation did not start automatically please complete the following steps.

open the playbook drive from My Computer

double click on BlackBerryDeviceManager to install the required drivers.

The problem is when i click on the playbook drive from my computer my computer starts to hang and i have to close the window using the task manager.

Does anyone out there know how to fix this?

Thanks

cw2
Contributor
My Device: playbook rd121ww

This is exactly what happens to me. If I try to access through 'my computer' it freezes everything up until I unplug it.
Trusted Contributor

Prior to this thread I had not tried the DM. I just tried the DM and got the alerts you got at the beginning which prompted a download of DM version 7. The download completed successfully and then did a backup of my PB.

My PB retained all of the settings that I have checked so far and the system did not freeze of hang up during the process.

The installation for the drivers did not occur until AFTER the DM 7 installation was complete. the system had me disconnect and then reconnect my PB and on reconnecting the drivers were undated.

Did you get a request to download DM 7 prior to updating the drivers?

Trusted Contributor

FYI... I did not click on the the drive listed as the playbook. I clicked on the exe file that was displayed in the pop-up window that gave the instruction to go to the playbook file. It gave me two options.... 1. run the exe file or 2. open the files.. I selected run the exe file.

cw2
Contributor

I did not get directed to download DM7, but I did get directed to disconnect and reconnect. I'm gonna check the DM version.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Just tried ONLY loading the new v7 driver from the PB emulated CD-ROM. It installed without error. Rebooted my computer and reconnected the PB. It installed the driver and mapped it as drive 'Z' with not issue.

Did not get a request to install DM7. In fact, I still have v6 installed and it works.

Uninstalling v6 now and installing v7.

FYI: Running Win7 64-bit on a Dell E6520

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
cw2
Contributor

Tried that...my computer freezes up until I disconnect the usb from the playbook.