Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: PlayBook OS version 2.1.0.1753 available

bsarider wrote:

My camera and video are not working after the upgrade. Also can't delete or add anything to Contacts. Just get a message that Contacts app has been interrupted and to close the app and try again. 

Now I. Need to check out if anything else is broken.

Anyone else have a problem with the Contact app?

Follow the debricking advice in knottyropes response in this thread. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Playbook-Camera/td-p/2604579

It may not fix the camera but will fix the contacts problem.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thanks Jarvisor. 

What a PITA that was to backup, update and restore - 2 hours total.

You are right about the camera issue not being fixed (Playbook design flaw in my opinion) but I can now edit my contacts again.

Everything was restored including my Apps except that the Contacts list was empty. No big deal as I was able to restore from Gmail.

One good thing that came out.of this is that my email is working better than ever - faster and no more hangs. I used to have to do a power cycle to get small to work.

Thanks for your help. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Good about the email.  pity about the cameras. It they are 4003 and or still inoperative after the debrick, they are broken permanently. If out of warranty, repair cost is as much as a replacement playbook from most online remnant sales if you canfind one.

Some may say if an upgrade killed the camera, blackberry should repair it. Unfortunately they are saving up their dollars at the moment to pay for Thorsten's leaving present. 

My Carrier: None

jarviser wrote:

Good about the email.  pity about the cameras. It they are 4003 and or still inoperative after the debrick, they are broken permanently. If out of warranty, repair cost is as much as a replacement playbook from most online remnant sales if you canfind one.

Some may say if an upgrade killed the camera, blackberry should repair it. Unfortunately they are saving up their dollars at the moment to pay for Thorsten's leaving present. 

It would be better to spend the money on another product rather than getting it repaired. The whole experience shows that Blackberry really has no interest in helping those that have what really amounts to is a poorly designed tablet.  Looking at the other posts, many have experienced the 4003 camera error and it was not caused by the tablets being dropped either.

The new breed of company CEOs are just grabbing the cash and living in the lap of luxury.  With a golden handshake of $52 million, who wouldn't?

Was it not Thorsten that said there is no future in tablets a few weeks ago?

So this leaves me with zero faith in Blackberry products and eying Apple or Samsung tablets

For now I will continue to use the Blackberry until it completely breaks down  because it does have a lot of great qualities about it and could have been a great contender.

Too bad Blackberry, you missed the boat.

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bsarider wrote:

Was it not Thorsten that said there is no future in tablets a few weeks ago?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Digi

It seems the latest BlackBerry Link couldnt detect my Playbook.. Need help Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: N/A

You need Blackberry Desktop Software for OS7 and earlier, not BlackBerry Link (which only works with BB10 devices).

--
Steven Buehler | Playbook | BB PlayBook 16GB; Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard; Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
m4u
New Contributor
My Carrier: 02

I have a serious isssue after upgrading to the latest OS for playobok version ...1753.

I have been using the Pbook for about 2 years and it was a great devise. After this upgrade, the playbook could not remember my wifi password and I had to manually input the password to connect to wifi. Shortly after this the browser and applications started to crash. When I click on an app to open it, it opens and then shuts down on its own. I have done many security wipes and the problem still persists. I cant understand this. I am now starting to regret buying the pbook. its a great devise but when you have issues with it, you have this feeling of smashing it,  if there is no solution.

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

m4u wrote:

When I click on an app to open it, it opens and then shuts down on its own.

Such as what apps are doing this?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 2.1
My Carrier: vodafone

I have x 3 playbooks !

I bought them cheap on fleabay .

They all came working fine to start with then --

1x the camera is dead

1x the wifi signal is weak, we need to be 6ft close to the router-

1x works fine !

The kids use them as they were £50 each so i am prepared to put up with some problems , but if i paid RRP of £ 400+each  then i would be complaining.

They are very easy to use, well made  , kids are 4 and 6 years old ,they seem drop /dribble proof and keep going.

We will keep using them untill they die one at a time unless BB pulls a software plug somewhere!