Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: None

Re: PlayBook OS version 2.1.0.1753 available

Virus scanner is on the computer, not the tablet.

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Diverjonathan wrote:

Virus scanner is on the computer, not the tablet.

How is your virus scanner ON your PC, notifying you that "advertising" is being downloaded to your PlayBook.

Your PlayBook is on WiFi, right, and you're downloading from WiFi, not through your PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Why is that a bad thing?

I sync through the Micro USB port, computer to tablet using the Blackberry Desktop Software.

New Contributor

Ok, so after posting this I checked the software again and it would appear that that option is no longer available. To download all data to both the desktop and tablet. Must have been removed with one of the last couple of updates, thought it was set and forget. I'll have to look into my virus logs to see what happened now.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

My friend experienced the dreaded Error 3000 after the update. Nothing seemed to clear it. The mail "Messages" program just shot itself down after every restart. 

I had to go to the tried and true steps of completely resetting the OS using the desktop software.  The good news is that after about an hour and a half, all is well. And I earned a bottle of Portuguese wine and Cuban cigar. 

My Device: BB 9780 and BB Playbook
My Carrier: mobilis

I have got this update and it seems brower better. Other remained unchanged.

New Contributor
My Device: 9360 & Playbook
My Carrier: o2

OK so there was a  s/ware update – but unless you  use an Enterprise Server it STILL DOES NOT SYNC the calendar. You can with the phones so why not the playbook

Plenty of threads on this subject within this forum, so why do B’berry  turn a blind eye to these comments nad requests

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Realistically we can all forget about new options or other fixes. This tablet will never be developed to its  full potencial. On the positive side, at least we have a security update. 

New Contributor

After reading a number of threads on this forum and looking over the very limited abilities of the BlackBerry software I decided to do a full restore from my backup I did prior to doing the update. I have learned the hard way with Blackberry that before an update you should do a full system backup and read online what is included in that update or you will suffer the loss of your data.  (NOTE: to self - Save Always - Save Often! Back it up or loose it.)

Today I am reloading all of my games since they did not seem to either get backed up or copied across, not sure which. 

It would be nice if Blackberry supplied more info with their updates and like Apple (i.e.. Quicktime -  iTunes) would give you the ability to "Opt Out" of an update if you are not having the issues being covered.

On a good note I have regained almost 15GB of space! Even after copying all of my files and games over. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMN

My camera just stopped working after update!?

[ Edited ]

WTH?! And here I was happy to see a maintenance update...

After I installed it all my camera shows are grey vertical srtipes!!!

After a hard reset it detected an update at the end of the initial setup... I ignored and when I got to the home screen it and only had the one icon... The update installed the default PB apps but still the camera wasn't working...

New hard reset and at the end I selected to install the update... camera still not working. Reboot and still not working...

Images of the "photo"taken and a screenshot

Come on guys!