Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: My camera jsut stopped working after update!?

maybe this fix camara

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TMN

Re: My camera just stopped working after update!?

[ Edited ]

Just tried it but when I select repair the Desktop Manager states there are no available updates...

Going to do a new hard reset and not update at the end of the setup wizard and then retry...

EDIT:

Now the BB Desktop Manager doesn't recognize the device...

Unninstalling and rebooting PC... Rebooting tablet and trying all over again...

EDIT2:

After a lot of tinkering with Windows device manager and Nirsoft USBDeview I finally got into recovery... The update / recovery is now in progress... step 1 is taking forever...

Contributor

And no camera... Thank you blackberry for this quality update!

PS: Thanks knottyrope... for the trying to solve the issue (not sarcasm).

My Device: Curve 8520

I have removed the off topic posts.

• Relevant Discussions and Posts.  For everyone's benefit please stay on topic. This community is provided for the specific purpose of making it possible for the BlackBerry customers to help each other in using BlackBerry products and services. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or, in general, from posting in a manner unrelated to the direct resolution of issues expected in the support of BlackBerry products and services on specified support boards. Please use the designated area for these ‘off-topic’ discussions – Community Home.
Steve_T                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

joaosousa wrote:

And no camera... Thank you blackberry for this quality update!

PS: Thanks knottyrope... for the trying to solve the issue (not sarcasm).

welcome and sorry it did not fix the camera, might be a hardare issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's possbile it's harware... But my PB still only has 1 +1/2 years of usage (though bought from eBay it was sealed in the original packaging; never powerd on before the purchase AFAIK).

In my hands the device didn't suffer any impact... It wasn't droped, I carry it in an original BB leather sleeve and it is even covered with a full body Zagg Invisible Shiled... It didn't come into contact with any liquid. I also doubt it was a power surge when charging since there's no other damage.

I use it every day during many short periods (mostly) and the cameras were rarely used (only to quickly take pictures of documents as notes)... I find it strange that only after the update I found both cameras not working (the front camera is also gone... I don't use video chat app but I knew it functioned properly in the past).

Some months ago I had issues when I tried the betas (I remember one update that caused the device battery life to be severely decreased and the issue was only solved by installing a different software version... but God only knows how far another update may be).

Anyway the issue does not impact much my daily usage... But it still stings especially because I was always so careful with it. If coupled with anything else it may prompt me to abbandon the hardware / platform sooner than I had expected...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Software updates have in the past appeared to damage camera hardware. Often it is shown as 4003 error. 

Seems illogical, but it happens.   Trying a debrick is the only way to prove it is hardware or not.

In warranty you are OK, beyond 12 months it's tough luck. 

My Carrier: tracfone

Re: PlayBook OS version 2.1.0.1753 available

OK, I think I found a commonality and a problem with 1753: we have been "short changed" by RIM. It has to do with Hard Reset or Security Wipe. I have 2.5 Playbooks (one not working at the moment), one had a full operating system when I did the update, and everything is fine with that one. The other one I did a hard reset right when 1753 came around. Usually after a Security Wipe or Hard Reset it loads more than 500 megs of operating system and apps. With this 1753 it loaded 386megs (period) - missing 200 megs. The results being things are missing, screens look different and the cameras do NOT work (error 4003). This problem should occur even with brand new Playbooks that have not been activated (because they only have bootstrap on them at the beginning, which I think we are seeing here). So, if we can get RIM to fix the situation so that Hard Reset / Security Wipe puts a full operating system we will probably get everything working again.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JustMeTLB, do you have a question or need help doing this?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Carrier: tracfone

Thanks for offer - been there, done that before. Unfortunately I have discovered USB not working on this particular PlayBook. (so I am off and away repairing it. - RIM had such a wonderful design, to mess it up on inferior parts/connector - not the 1st time I have been here either)