Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16
My Carrier: CallMe

Re: PlayBook OS version 2.1.0.1753 available

Hi,

The  new OS update don´t install. Stops just after 50%. Have tried 5 times- no luck.

Kjeld

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

by wifi or with a PC?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

First time by PC then by wifi

Kjeld

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: tracfone

Make sure your memory is not full (it has got to go somewhere first before it replaces OS). Restart PB, do not run anything else, then do update.

Contributor
My Carrier: TMN

[ Edited ]

I'm not getting 4003 or any other sort of error report. The camera just works as in the previously attached pic.

Ethically HW (or any other sort of) problems brought about by official SW updates should be the responsabolity of said SW maker / provider and be dealt by them... Being that under warranty or not. If my actions cause harm to others I'm accountable for them. If only companies actually cared about the users besides their own profit margins... Then again thats planned obsolescence for you.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Just FYI:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks,
Of the 1 GB 523 MB is free.
Kjeld
Contributor
My Carrier: TMN

[ Edited ]

Your point being?

The PB release was 2y5m ago. Most models are under 2yo. In my country all electronics must be warranted for 2y.

The tablet OS basically served as the OS10 beta which made it's users the test subjets. OS 10 is not coming to the PB, nor the most needed updates (such as the basic SDK in wich OS10 apps are written). Tablet OS2 has many issues and is getting less updates than required. No new OS and no access to the foreseeable majority of new app on a device that is at best a bit shy over the legal warranty period-  I do believe that does qualify as planed obsolescence.

In medical trials it's both unethical and illegal to deny the subjects access to the final version of a drug once the trial period is over.

EDIT:

I know this is extremelly off topic but I felt I deserved to address the previous post about bridge. I will refrain from further posts continuing this line of argument

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

joaosousa wrote::

I know this is extremelly off topic

Yes, we agree on that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

I am not interested really whether it's hardware or software. This is the second time I updated and the camera has stopped working.  Last time RIM fixed it at no cost. This time the PB is 18 months older so I'll give it a try but don't hold out much hope. While I love the idea of the BB experience other options are looking mighty attractive now. I wish RIM would get on the case and start behaving like serious players again.