Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Black Berry PlayBook
My Carrier: Wifi

PlayBook USB port is toast.. what are my options?

Sigh.. unknowingly, my charger developed a slight housing deformity, and when I plugged it into my PB, it caused it to stripp off some of the gold plating of the USB assembly, and now the port will no longer fit the cable head. Just bought a magsafe charger for it, though.

I bought it from Cowboom just over 2 months ago, but I don't want to give BB my credit card info just to get a diagnosis. What are my options here? There's no way I'm daring enough to replace the USB module myself, and apparently buying from Cowboom doesn't entitle me to the 90 days of free tech support. 

What should I do? Or, how can I freely contact BB about a solution? Don't want to pay $99 to fix the USB when the PB cost me $149 itself..

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: PlayBook USB port is toast.. what are my options?

Mine was still in the 1 year warranty period, so I got an RMA and returned it approx 2 weeks ago.  I received it one week later and its working fine..

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: PlayBook USB port is toast.. what are my options?

call warranty support and see what they say

if they cant help, you can still backup via wifi file sharing on PlayBook and use a magnetic charger to charge it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V