Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Globe

PlayBook Warranty & Repair Procedure without Proof of Purchase

Dear BB Peeps,

Hope some can help me with my Playbook dilemma.

I bought my PB to my ex-officemate that was under Globe carrier and company account last October 2011. Now, my PB is having problem with the charging. Previously, it froze then we used 3-finger reset button then it went normally. When it is time for me to charge it the charging do not progress for almost half-day. I suspected some software issues, I wiped the PB but its already low battery and setting cannot proceed because needs high power due to use of WIFI I plugged it again for charging but still charging do not progress remain at 0%.  I need to sent the unit for repair but I do not have the receipt since my ex-officemate was not able to pass it to me and he migrated to another country and no longer connected to the company who is registered on Globe (Telecom carrier).

Hope someone can advice me what should I do and how do I proceed with the warranty. I believe  it is still under warranty since it was issued last October 2011 only.

Please advise if I can claim my warranty without the proof of purchased from the Globe (Telco carrier)  to RIM when found that the Serial# of my Playbook is still under warranty. Please let me know how shall I proceed.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Regards,

Rnastor

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Re: PlayBook Warranty & Repair Procedure without Proof of Purchase

Why don't you contact BB Tech Support?
I think the s/n should be enough to get it repaired under warranty.
Some people lost their receipts all the time.
DC-IT
New Contributor

Hi dc-it,

Thank you for the advise.

Apparently, there is no BB support here in Philippines what I can do is course thru with the local distributor. I am just trying my luck here if anyone had the same experience with mine claiming the warranty without the receipt  to RIM.

Thanks..

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I would have to agree with dc the serial number should be enough because it would be very rare that a consumer would buy a tablet and not use it within days.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

aandras, Thank you for the moral support.

I am still crossing my fingers that they will grant me the warranty even without the receipt. You know sometimes here in the Philippines it sickens the process...

I need to know if it is also possible that I can send for repair outside Philippines if in case my carrier would not process my claim...

thanks,,,thanks