Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

PlayBook and the BlackBerry Music Gateway

I recently purchased a BlackBerry Music Gateway. The newer ones connect to the PlayBook and cell phones by Bluetooth and NFC. The gateway plugs into the rear of your sound system and receives the signal from the PlayBook or Phone. The Gateway also amplifies the signal. The sound is fantastic. Now I can control my music ( including volume , cell phone only)from anywhere in my home. My home theater sound system always sounded great, now with the PlayBook and Phone it got a lot better. Once the PlayBook gets BB10, it will be even better. The only place I found to purchase them is through Crackberry.com.
Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook and the BlackBerry Music Gateway

ShopBlackBerry.com has them also, and Amazon.

http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_US/pd/productID.265395800/categoryID.61654600

It really is a nice device, isn't it?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

It's excellent and about the size of a cigarette lighter.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

there are two models

Stereo Gateway (no NFC and square in shape)

3579.jpg

Music Gateway ( has NFC and rectangle in shape).

11438.jpg

See my review here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Accessories/KnottyRope-s-BlackBerry-Music-Gateway-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

The only things that would make this device better are:

1) Bluetooth 4.0 (the benefit is low power usage, not improved audio). Drawback, PlayBook and older phones can not use BT4 but only 2.1 + EDR.

2) Battery Powered as well as microUSB powered for mobile use (I'd like to take mine in my car and/or charge it)

3) Include the APT-X audio codec for vastly superior sound over Bluetooth compared to just A2DP (reduces lag and allows for higher quality music streams). Keep A2DP for fallback to older devices. The future is APT-X, it's that much better!

Keep everything else the same and you'd have a best in class leading edge product. I'd buy at least two as well as several for gifts. Right now I'm waiting for BlackBerry to make the above changes before purchase.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

have you seen the BT mini speaker?

It is rechargable and also has an audio out as well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

knottyrope wrote:

have you seen the BT mini speaker?

It is rechargable and also has an audio out as well.

I personally think it's not pleasant to look at. Sounds decent though. Reminds me of a folded peanut butter sandwich.

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

buahahahaha. Looks a lot better than the junk I see else where.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I

JSanders wrote:

buahahahaha. Looks a lot better than the junk I see else where.

True that. Quality is there for sure. That's why I don't mind paying a bit of a premium because I know anything BB will be a solid device.