Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

PlayBook keeps shutting down

My PlayBook has always very well until today.
When I turned it on it starts to the point of the PlayBook name showing on the background with all those pretty colors behind it then it shuts down again. I have it plugged in but I am reading a ton of stuff about them not charging when turned off. I have the latest update installed as I had to when I got my Z10.
By the way if anyone from rim ie reading this, please fix the active sink for email on the z10. Syncing back only 30 days is not sufficient.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: PlayBook keeps shutting down

When charging, are you using the usb to pc or the wall plug charger...do not use the usb to pc to charge..it does not generate enough power

Gene
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

It seems plugged in to the wall all weekend using the charger it came with
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Leave it connected to the charger AND while still still connected, press the power button for 20 seconds.

For your other issue, hopefully RIM is listening and will give more email sync options.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code