Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: BlackBerry

PlayBook keeps shutting off

I love my PlayBook but since the update to 2.0 it shuts off EVERY time I use it and I have to press the start button to reboot...sometimes multiple times...for example today I had my PlayBook plugged into the wall all day...so it is not a battery issue...turned it on...went to check my Facebook and it shut off in all of 30 seconds...most of the time I get more use out of it,  but it will shut off sometime while playing a video, opening an application...or for no apparent reason at all...this only started happening after the 2.0 upgrade....I can't be the only.person this has happened to...is there a fix?

My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizion

Re: PlayBook keeps shutting off

My blackberry keeps shutting down too.  I thought it was defective as i had to keep pressing the power button to get it to turn back on.  This happened since I installed the update to 2.0.  Also, my email accounts keep freezing and I have to turn the tablet on and off.  This can't be good constantly rebooting.  Does anyone have a solution?  Helllllllp!

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Same problrm here on my playbook. Eversince the update to 2.0 it keeps turning off. I dont know what to do. Please help. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You may have to security wipe the pb. Just make sure you backup any important files.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

By the way, I did the security wipe and it did nothing...now I can't even turn this thing on at all....getting very frustrated,,,losing all goodwill I had for this device....any other suggestioons?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Are you connecting through your phone?
New Contributor

I don't have a Blackberry phone. Based on this experience, I'm not getting one either. I've gone from raving about this tablet, to cursing it every day because it shuts off a few times every day. Version 1 was fine. since he update, I've had nothing but problems. I connected it to the computer which booted it up, I tried a simple thing (taking a picture, that's what the f***ing camera is there for!), It shut off twice, FINALLY took the pic and has shut off again, the black screen where we are at now. Do I need to return this?

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: shaw cable

My playbook also seems frozen in some areas.  No matter how many times I have pushed the browser button, I cannot get that to open. Now checking my emails it has frozen on the messages but will not show message nor can I exit the program.  Frozen on gmail. Just before that I tried to go to Kobo and it brought up the last book I was reading, then immediately shut off Kobo and went to blank screen. I also am getting very frustrated. ANY SOLUTIONS ???

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Gothcomedian wrote:

By the way, I did the security wipe and it did nothing...now I can't even turn this thing on at all....getting very frustrated,,,losing all goodwill I had for this device....any other suggestioons?

Try this

Search forums for stack charge.   If that doesn't work try calling RIM support. 

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

For all of you above, I am thinking your batteries are just about dead regardless of what the battery icon is telling you. Connect your chargers. After 5 minutes feel the charger to see if it is warm. It it is cold, press the power on button until the red light flashes. Leave it on the charger. Check the charger again to see if it is warm. It is is still cold, repeat the whole process over several times until you fell warmth in the charger. If it is warm, leave it on overnight to fully recharge. Try this and report back.