Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mtn

PlayBook not connecting

[ Edited ]

Yeah. I'm a bb addict. I love the bb  for its ruggedness and ease of use. Unlike the toys being promote by America media, blackberry products are for real men who want to get things done in real time. But I have a problem with my playbook. It is no longer connecting to my pc. It used to connect,but of recent, I discovered that it is no longer connecting. What should I do to have it connected to my pc. This is the only means I transfer files be it media or anything. 

Thank you, waiting to hear from u soon

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mtn

Re: PlayBook not connecting

[ Edited ]

This is why we I so much love the bb. Real time email delivery.  BB is a work horse. 

Congratulations to u and I for being on the best platform on earth,not following the media that are being sponsored by Apple and Goggle.  

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: PlayBook not connecting

You should easily be able to connect by wifi. Go to settings, tap About, Tap the dropdown arrow and select Network. Write down the IPv4 number. Sometimes this may change if you connect a lot of equipment to your network. You will have to enter this number into your computer.
Scroll down the left pane to Storage and Sharing and toggle on WiFi Sharing. Turn off the Password at this point but turn on again when you are finished.
On your computer history to Start, Select My Computer. At the address bar at the top of the screen enter two backslashes followed by the IPx4 number, then press enter. This should show the PlayBook Directory. Click on Media to show all the directories you want to access.
That should be it. If it does not connect, you have a setting on your computer that holding you out. Maybe a firewall setting.