Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: at&t

Re: PlayBook not starting up; red light dounle-blinks

I charged my PlayBook last night with a BB Bold charger while the PB was in StandBy mode.  This morning the light was solid Green.  I put it on my PB Charging Dock and then I pressed the power button..  That is when I got the Red Double blinking lights.

And updates on how to resolved this?

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Excellent the Power and Volume Up + button worked just fine for me, had the original charger in versus the usb which I got used to using lately.

Back to tablet action. My fault really cuz i drained it so bad that it shut me down, lol, I think I like this thing.

P.S. Anyone catch the real weak portrayal of blackberry applications in the news this week, I mean the top apps they had screen shots of are not representative of what is on my phone or tablet. Everyone thats seen mine wants one.

My Carrier: None

I just ran through this with tech support.  Steps:

1) Plug the thing in for two minutes and then out for two minutes.  (She timed it.)  Do this six times.  (Not a joke I did this with her on the phone timing it.)  Try to turn it on afterwards. 

2) If that didn't work, charge it for 5 hours. 

3 If that didn't work, hold down the power key and the volume + (only). 

3) If that didn't work, plug into home computer and press "update".  Then let it reload and charge.  You will lose all data. 

SHe told me to charge it with the screen ON because otherwise it doesn't charge right.

Personally I think RIM is doomed if this is the best they can do.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930/Playbook 16G
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wow, Your right. I think this is the best RIM can do. The "Update" software will not download, I do have the BB charger plugged in and no matter what I do, (button sequence, reboot, software upgrade) nothing works.

It's back to my Andriod tablet.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: at&t

Is this really still a problem? What version do have installed? If you dont have the latest, you should. My original post was in August.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Haha, thought I was the only one. I'm in the process of step 2 (charging for 6-8hrs). I'm sure once that DOESN'T work I will be walked through the other steps and end up sending the tablet back RMA. Any resolution to this, besides not getting another RIM tablet?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930/Playbook 16G
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I too had the same problem. The battery is at 0% and neither a hard boot or software upgrade would work. The upgrade would stop after about 5%.

I went through 4 service calls, got hung up on until I got Mark out of Nova Scotia. This is what worked for me:

1. Plug the BB wall charger into the Playbook until the RED LED comes on. Then unplug. Do this about 10 times.

2. With the charger in, Press the ON button until a green "glowing" light comes on and off.

3. Let charge for about 1.5 hrs. minimum and Press the On button until the Blackberry Playbook screen apprears.

4. You will need to re-enter your information.

5. The Playbook might ask you to recharge until it is 20% charged.

6. If you backed up your information in the Desktop software, you can restore now.

I was very frustrated until Mark stuck with me and we worked it out. Whatever you are paying him it is not enough...

Thank you Mark.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm II and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I am having same problem... nothing works... 

My Carrier: PLDT SME

Hi there. I have the same problem with you guys. I tried all the recommended steps in the previous posts and have talked to customer support, however, problem is not solved.

Prolly, i will just let the service center do it for me. Im pissed off already. 

New Contributor
My Device: Storm II and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Called support- a couple of quick steps - let the OS rebuild.

Looks fixed!

1.) start Desktop software (Tablet NOT attached)
2.) Ensure power is off by holding power button 10 seconds
3.) attach to computer via usb
4.) when computer indicates "can't connect"- choose update OS- as soon as possble.

Worked for me